Recording everything...

Poseidon8374

Reaction score
I am a youtuber gamer and when I record, in order to be able to edit my vocals separately and sync every audio track and video track I have to record from three different places. I record my vocals, vocals and gameplay, and gameplay separately in order to be able to have a different track for in-game sounds, vocals, and the game video. If you are curious, the reason I have to do s**t to my focus is because my computer is extremely loud because of its fans but lowering them is not an option. Is there any way to record all those things easier than using 3 programs to get them? It gets very tedious.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wait what I don't understand.

Why don't you record the gameplay and audio separately and then splice them both together?

Poseidon8374

Reaction score
How would I sync them? I would totally do that but I am not sure how I would get the times to line up perfect.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You would have some sort of visual que from the game.

Like you would pause your game.

Then do VOCALLY

"1. 2. 1. 2. 3."

or something similar

while also doing something that coincides with the 1 2 1 2 3 in the game.

That's a good basis for synching your vocal audio and your game audio.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would suggest something like DXTory + VirtualCable/VoiceMeeter (personally recording My Mic, Skype/TeamSpeak and Game separately)

You would have some sort of visual que from the game.

Like you would pause your game.

Then do VOCALLY

"1. 2. 1. 2. 3."

or something similar

while also doing something that coincides with the 1 2 1 2 3 in the game.

That's a good basis for synching your vocal audio and your game audio.
If he uses Premiere Pro or anything not able to handle variable bitrate, it may results in desync down the line of the video :)

Poseidon8374

Reaction score
Voicemeeter for some odd reason stopped working on my PC. I have literally tried everything to fix it but I will try DXtory. It would actually be so easy to code something that starts different recordings at the same time. Honestly, maybe I should be the first to make it lol. I can't believe that that it is not a thing yet. Click one button thats starts recoding the video, the game audio/desktop audio, and the mic audio.