Question about music....

Chris and Nima

I've Got It
Reaction score
I see some videos where people add well known music in their videos but still monetize. Do you try to get permission or pay for use? Seems stupid to not monitize a video cause you used a 10 second clip of someone's song.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I think they can get away with it with some minor changes for example changing the pitch and/or speed of the song. Some people put in instrumentals to try and get around it put sometimes even YouTube will pick that up.

Those are only my guesses as to how they manage to not get a copyright infringement. Best stick with Non Copyright Sound just to be safe though don't want to log in 1 day with a load of copyright strikes.

CrazyPUA

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I think they can get away with it with some minor changes for example changing the pitch and/or speed of the song. Some people put in instrumentals to try and get around it put sometimes even YouTube will pick that up.

Those are only my guesses as to how they manage to not get a copyright infringement. Best stick with Non Copyright Sound just to be safe though don't want to log in 1 day with a load of copyright strikes.
What he said. Also when you get a copyright the owner can do 1 of 3 things, 1. The owner asks youtube to take your video down. 2. Leave it as it is (never happens) and 3. Owner monetize your video and gets the money.
So when you see a monetized video with a well known song, most of the time the music company is getting the money from that video and not the creator of the video.

Jamie

Maestro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's pretty risky to do that, but I guess usually it's not noticed... I wouldn't recommend it though, especially since YouTube is a little "bitchy" right now.. If you need royalty free music, check my channel, feel free to use all of it (no charge) :)

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use 3 second clips in one of my Top 5 Favourite Bands videos, this falls under fair use because I'm using it as an example for what I'm talking about. It all depends on the context of your video and the intent that you are using the music for. Fair use is a big deal and you can read lots about it since it's a hot topic right now :)

Mishamy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The youtube mafia can get away with anything. JK, as someone told you before, they do some minor changes whether in pitch or speed, otherwise I don't know how the hell theay re doing that. Don't risk it, though, there are some good options for copyright- free music out there.