Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been consistent with uploads every week ever since my, Blind folding guessing challenge. People always say consistency is key to growing on YouTube, and I believe that. By posting every week for about 5 weeks I have noticed my subscriber rate going up slowly, but its going up.

Now I'm trying to upload more quality videos, but since I'm only a sophmore in high school. I'm finding it very hard to finish with editing my videos. And do school work. I currently have 2 films planned, and the one that I'm going to upload this weekend is almost done. But the other short film might take a couple more weeks to finish.

My question is should I work to upload some thing next week, or should I focus on one film to make it tells good quality?

Reactions: binky VS bunson

Alactrical

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Here's the thing, many people love when you make videos more. Speaking from experience, people dont appreciate how long a good video takes to make and they thing its done in 30 minutes.

Make shorter, better quality videos every week.

Could be a 1 minute sketch, even 2 in order to be consistent.

Reactions: Julius Gacgacao

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have been consistent with uploads every week ever since my, Blind folding guessing challenge. People always say consistency is key to growing on YouTube, and I believe that. By posting every week for about 5 weeks I have noticed my subscriber rate going up slowly, but its going up.

Now I'm trying to upload more quality videos, but since I'm only a sophmore in high school. I'm finding it very hard to finish with editing my videos. And do school work. I currently have 2 films planned, and the one that I'm going to upload this weekend is almost done. But the other short film might take a couple more weeks to finish.

My question is should I work to upload some thing next week, or should I focus on one film to make it tells good quality?
I would say quality over quantity for sure.... YES, you should have a regular schedule and try to stick with it. People want consistency, but they also want quality.... Yeah, every video isn't always going to be your best.... but If you're throwing a video up, just to throw one up there and make the deadline and you know it's not that good... I wouldn't upload at all.... I've done that before on my channel and regretted it, eventually took the video down because it made my channel look not as high a quality as it really is....

People subscribe for consistency BUT they also subscribe for quality. I've made some leaps and bounds in the quality in my videos in the last couple months and my subs have nearly doubled, and I didn't make the week mark every week.... some videos took 8, 9, 10 days.... But the ones I did get out there were better quality and the fans appreciated it and new viewers were impressed and subbed

Consistency gets subs, but those quality videos are what really bring in my subs... but I do feel like I am disappointing fans when I don't make the week mark. I'm actually implementing a Vlog Playlist on my channel soon so I can talk to the fans and give them updates and add more content to the channel. I do skits, so it really doesn't make sense for me to talk to the fans on those vids... And Vlogs are a cake walk and you can pump those out daily if needed... This new playlist is intended really just for subs and regular viewers... not as high quality as the actual show, but gives them a behind the sense look... so I added that for a fun extra for the bigger fans and so they don't get so mad when I'm making a more complex episode and it's taking longer than a week... Party on!

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's the thing, many people love when you make videos more. Speaking from experience, people dont appreciate how long a good video takes to make and they thing its done in 30 minutes.

Make shorter, better quality videos every week.

Could be a 1 minute sketch, even 2 in order to be consistent.
Thank you Alctrical! I will definetly try to make some short sketches.

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say quality over quantity for sure.... YES, you should have a regular schedule and try to stick with it. People want consistency, but they also want quality.... Yeah, every video isn't always going to be your best.... but If you're throwing a video up, just to throw one up there and make the deadline and you know it's not that good... I wouldn't upload at all.... I've done that before on my channel and regretted it, eventually took the video down because it made my channel look not as high a quality as it really is....

People subscribe for consistency BUT they also subscribe for quality. I've made some leaps and bounds in the quality in my videos in the last couple months and my subs have nearly doubled, and I didn't make the week mark every week.... some videos took 8, 9, 10 days.... But the ones I did get out there were better quality and the fans appreciated it and new viewers were impressed and subbed

Consistency gets subs, but those quality videos are what really bring in my subs... but I do feel like I am disappointing fans when I don't make the week mark. I'm actually implementing a Vlog Playlist on my channel soon so I can talk to the fans and give them updates and add more content to the channel. I do skits, so it really doesn't make sense for me to talk to the fans on those vids... And Vlogs are a cake walk and you can pump those out daily if needed... This new playlist is intended really just for subs and regular viewers... not as high quality as the actual show, but gives them a behind the sense look... so I added that for a fun extra for the bigger fans and so they don't get so mad when I'm making a more complex episode and it's taking longer than a week... Party on!
Thank you! For the advice I will definetly. Work on quality.

Reactions: binky VS bunson

Moses Cheeks

Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If you do quality over quantity you wont get subs as fast. Vice versa you will get subs faster its what you want more

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you're going for speed and still want to maintain some type of quality.... Do Vlogs.... Vlogs are a cakewalk, anyone can do them, that is why everyone does them... Hell, even I'm adding a vlog playlist like I said so I can give the viewers more videos when I'm taking longer to produce a decent video.

Reactions: Julius Gacgacao

Alactrical

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You're all right, people love making vlogs if they're interesting of course.

I started my channel just yesterday and am pumping out videos everyday, will see what's the progress like after 30 days, I hope I reach my goal of staying on task though.

Youtube fame isn't what I want, I want to grow a community. If you're a filmmaker it's different

I'm a filmmaker myself, made a couple short films but decided to stick to the gaming image. Sure I'll do sketches here and there, but making sketches, videos like that each week and making ideas that are good is a massive time consumer, which eventually leads to a dead channel if you school.

Here's a question I have similar to this one, is it worth over-editing gaming videos or only montages?

I know a lot of people complained to PewDiepie on how he over edits his videos, not like Jack or Mark.

I'm currently playing Outlast, but will be moving on to games like Soma, Hitman, etc. (garry's mod) and indie horror games.

Also another question: Do You think I should make 6 gaming videos a week, and 1 vlog/update just freestyle video to inform what's going on and throw in a couple jokes here and there?

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You shouldn't worry about quantity, because if quality is not good, audience will click away the video. Just make the quality video and update the subscribers about your busy schedule. You can also make 5-10 second clip for your channel just to stay active and its easy to edit 10 seconds video. You can also make as many videos, but edit them whenever you have time.

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You shouldn't worry about quantity, because if quality is not good, audience will click away the video. Just make the quality video and update the subscribers about your busy schedule. You can also make 5-10 second clip for your channel just to stay active and its easy to edit 10 seconds video. You can also make as many videos, but edit them whenever you have time.
Jawad, you're back, Gaming??? I thought you were gone for the longest time cause I didn't recognize your channel I guess.... Gaming hard, haha... Glad you didn't drop off

Reactions: Jawad Soomro