Promoting Videos Through Adsense...worth it or not?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have promoted a few videos through Adsense...while I did get quite a few views, attracting new subscribers was low. (using the "general audience" option.)

Do you promote through Adsense? If so, what audience targeting options do you find the most helpful for your videos? (I am in the comedy, web series category for my videos)

And most importantly...Do you find paying for promoting worth it, all in all?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to everyone's experiences with this

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I looked at this it seems to be catered more for advertising websites/blogs rather than a YT channel/video?

Purple Penguin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
adsense is definitely worth it if you know how to use it. It helped our channel grow.

The thing about it is to learn how to target specific audiences. You can do this through using keywords. Adsense has a keyword search tool which can help you figure out which keywords to use.

There are also other targeting options available such as remarketing and placements. We went through a lot of trial and error with adwords, but once you learn how to use it, its great.

personally i believe it is one of the few options a small channel has at increasing it's growth, initially.

Reactions: Mandi at Random

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I have promoted a few videos through Adsense...while I did get quite a few views, attracting new subscribers was low. (using the "general audience" option.)

Do you promote through Adsense? If so, what audience targeting options do you find the most helpful for your videos? (I am in the comedy, web series category for my videos)

And most importantly...Do you find paying for promoting worth it, all in all?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to everyone's experiences with this

I think you mean "adwords". - Adsense is for having other people's ads on your videos whereas "adwords" is having YOUR ads on other people's vids. :)

I've moved your thread to the strategy forum.

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It'll be very expensive. If it's targeted, it'll work though. And then again, you can think of it in many different ways. A subscriber might open the door to 10 more, so really it might be worth paying a lot for that subscriber. There's better ways to advertise though

Reactions: Mandi at Random

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I have used it once, the first few days it didn't seem to work, then all of a sudden I got ten thousand views and a bunch of subs in one day. I want to use it again but I have to figure out how it works.

WizJager

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am thinking of doing this, but i want to know the outcome, because it £50 for estimate view from 1.2k to 5k. That alot of money to try to gain subs and view. depend on type video and what your channel about.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It is recommended that you make a short 1 minute intro of your channel and promote that ad through adsense. ADSENSE will let you target your audience. For example in my case, if I want to promote MORTAL KOMBAT VIDEOS, I would target Mortal Kombat videos on YOUTUBE, it goes for all other niche. It is necessary that your content is appealing enough to attract the new viewers.