Profanity and what not LOL

I swear... a lot. But honestly, to me, swears are nothing more than just words. I'm trying to work on swearing less, but as a 19-year-old that's just kind of how I talk... I try not to overdo it; but it's hard to keep those things in the back of my head while filming. Overall, I say if you normally swear, then swear. As long as you're presenting your most authentic self, it shouldn't matter.
That is exactly me lol i swear so much i dont even notice when i say it either. but once i watch my recording i realize how much i do

I have a question for you all. I'm aware many people have mixed feelings on profanity in videos, me myself don't care because i use it on a daily basis, but for some just a couple in a video irritates them. Since there is a mix of people here I'm curious to know what you think about profanity on videos you encounter!

Cheers guys!

I don't mind comedic dirty jokes or a few swearwords or so.
What does turn me off is negativity or aggressiveness so that's when I tune out!

If it's funny without swears then it doesn't need any. The right comedic timing can utilize swearing properly.
It's like that joke about the eye doctor "everytime I see f, you see k"

Unfortunately there's a lot of people out there that just yell F every other word who aren't funny and it's just bad. And I hate it.

For me if I can't have my kids and mom watch it together, it ain't being made. But to each his own

I'm not a swearer, but as an example, I love Gamegrumps, but sometimes Arin swears a bit too much. thats obviously just the way he talks, but it's not very varied, and sometimes it can just sound like hes struggling to say something and fills the gaps with the same swear all the time (still love his comedy though)

on the other end of the scale, AlphaOmegaSin swears a ton, but its absolutely hilarious because every insult is different, and he doesn't even script his videos.

I don't use profanity. If I slip...I try to bleep it out. However, in other channels, I don't mind it. I think it adds to the humor in most cases. I choose not to use it because I have a small child that I would like to be able to watch my videos in the future.

I don't mind comedic dirty jokes or a few swearwords or so.
What does turn me off is negativity or aggressiveness so that's when I tune out!
I love all the points being made on this! they make so much sense and really motivate for some odd reason lol

We use a rampant amount of profanities...like basically half of my scripts include it, my videos would be extremely short if not

i have a real potty mouth but i try not to swear too much in my videos because of my younger viewers, but sometimes i either forget or just stop caring and swear anyway, i have no idea how many younger people watch my videos anyway, and to be honest probably most of them swear all the time anyway haha

Back