ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
*DIRECTOR'S NOTE* I could easily do this myself, I'm more than capable. But I REALLY wanted to work with the community. I REALLY wanted to collaborate, build some friendships, do some networking, add some people to my 'List of Agents', try to build the Pro Rik Empire some more.

Welcome! This thread is open for ProfessionalRik to find help with his projects, discuss skills and talents for possible recruitment, and vet creators abilities. So, let's get fishing with my first project:

Project 1: 'Flash Review'
Current Title:
5 Minutes of Flash
Final Title: N/A
Style: Reviews
Content: Flash games from kongregate.com
Concept: Reserved. Join for concept email.

Positions Needed:
Researcher(s) - This person or persons will be in charge of testing games chosen by the director or chosen by themselves. It will be their responsibility to record their gameplay to prove their claims in their analysis
Demands: 30 minutes per game/per clip, observant nature (needed for critique)

Editor - This person will be responsible for compiling the clips and applying effects. They will typically be given directions with each package from the lead, however it will occasionally demand creative flair and the ability to blend things together without making them clunky.

Writer - This person would be in charge of taking the notes of the researchers and writing them into a script that will properly express their ideas and the feelings of the people who contributed to them by playing as well. It is also important that they understand the flow of conversational language, as it's meant to sound more like a casual talk show than a lecture.

Voice Actor/Host - This person would be reading the script, sometimes in several takes, to assure the voice of the video is clear, relaxed, and charismatic. This will be read like an opinion piece, so it would pay to have some skill in voice acting, enough that you will sound like you're talking to a group.

Sound/Art Design - This person or team of people would be in charge of making sure we have proper sound/graphics for each video's intro, outro, and mid video pieces.

Known Associates and Willing Participants:

Reasons for joining:
1. Exposure - Working in a group will help get your name out to more people
2. Cooperation - It's good to show people you can meet deadlines and work together
3. Experience - It's good to build specific skills for your portfolio in the future of YouTube
4. Fun - I think splitting a job like this will either be a mess and worth the lawls or awesome and worth the lawls. I bet on AWESOME!
5. Niche - I don't see many people doing it and the game devs would REALLY appreciate the feedback and attention from us, which will draw people from the kongregate site to our channels and vice versa.

Like I said in the director's note, I could just do this myself, but I thought this would be a much more fun and rewarding experience than just trying to play another adventure solo.

Want to join? Need more info? Reply or send an email to ProfessionalRik@gmail.com

Wrong section go to the film/ animation collob section

No, I think making, what is essentially Let's Plays of flash games, would be fine in gaming collaboration. I don't plan on doing any live film, nor any animation. Tape gameplay, chop it up, narrate, post.

Back