Please Review My Channel So Far!

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Adding credit in front of the video won't change anything sure angry pis heads like me would not have a reason to fly off the handle but it won't increase any views.

I suggest to stop uploading other videos and do you. People did not come to you're channel to watch other peoples content they came to your channel to look at your content.
If all the motivational speakers went down today. You won't have a channel. Just do you, and if you find a way to show the best you on your channel you would be successful but the key element is to enjoy it. If you are doing this for views, money or anything else then pure enjoyment then you would have failed before you even started.
I appreciate that advice better than the previous parts.
I never had any intention to do this for money. I just wanted to share my values and way of thinking with the world, in the hope that I inspire the right people.

I think for me the most difficult thing is the video creation

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I appreciate that advice better than the previous parts.
I never had any intention to do this for money. I just wanted to share my values and way of thinking with the world, in the hope that I inspire the right people.

I think for me the most difficult thing is the video creation
Depends on how you want to present it.

I have been watching ton of tutorials. Go watch people like travel feels and peter mckinon they found an interesting way to introduce tutorials of video. Film riot is also a great way.

The rest is just finding tutorials on how to present videos.

Most people make the mistake of thinking this is going to be easy because they see the finished product. Some of these 10 minute videos took a month to shoot. Vsauce3 has a video about not making a video which can give you an idea what he goes through when making a video, ironic I know.

It is all about research then writing a script moving on to shooting it editing it and then actually posting it, marketing it and then the cycle repeats.

Writing a script is done is a specific fashion. You need three parts. The setup, the conflict and then the solution. Example: Jack and Jill went up the hill (Setup), jack fell down (Conflict), Jill came tumbling after(Resolution). In my case, I am telling my audience that I am on my way to visit a crater made by an asteroid to take photos(Setup), I arrive there try and find a way down and then show them where I will be trying to get to get the perfect perspective for the photo(Conflict), Then I will show them how I get there, take the photo and show it on screen(Resolution).

Filmaking is a art and a big job. The only time it is not really applied is in videos where you need to react as the time comes. Like lets players, you don't know what the game entails but even though you reacted and recorded it. Its not like you just post the video as is. You need to review your raw video over and over and over. Maybe you still need to write a script where you act out a small skit for a piece of the video.

The hardest part is to find your feet. I have not yet that is why I am starting my youtube channel again this weekend from scratch because my previous content was horrible.

Best of luck, and have a nice day

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger

I have been watching ton of tutorials. Go watch people like travel feels and peter mckinon they found an interesting way to introduce tutorials of video. Film riot is also a great way.

Most people make the mistake of thinking this is going to be easy because they see the finished product. Some of these 10 minute videos took a month to shoot. Vsauce3 has a video about not making a video which can give you an idea what he goes through when making a video, ironic I know.

It is all about research then writing a script moving on to shooting it editing it and then actually posting it, marketing it and then the cycle repeats.

Writing a script is done is a specific fashion. You need three parts. The setup, the conflict and then the solution. Example: Jack and Jill went up the hill (Setup), jack fell down (Conflict), Jill came tumbling after(Resolution). In my case, I am telling my audience that I am on my way to visit a crater made by an asteroid to take photos(Setup), I arrive there try and find a way down and then show them where I will be trying to get to get the perfect perspective for the photo(Conflict), Then I will show them how I get there, take the photo and show it on screen(Resolution).

Filmaking is a art and a big job. The only time it is not really applied is in videos where you need to react as the time comes. Like lets players, you don't know what the game entails but even though you reacted and recorded it. Its not like you just post the video as is. You need to review your raw video over and over and over. Maybe you still need to write a script where you act out a small skit for a piece of the video.

The hardest part is to find your feet. I have not yet that is why I am starting my youtube channel again this weekend from scratch because my previous content was horrible.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write all of that. I’ll see what changes I can make and I hope that it’ll work out with persistence.

Best of luck with your YouTube and all the best.

A.

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger

Hey man,

I took your advice and well I tried to put together a video. Would you mind checking this one out and telling me what you think?

All the clips are Copyright-Free except the last one, and the video is an original creation of mine as well as the audio :)

A.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK cool we are getting somewhere but there is still a lot of work.

I am going to list this in a waterfall order (How you should start and end)

First off, research. sounds stupid right ? What is there to research in motivation. It seems simple, you need to say something to get someone up and do something but what causes people to get up and do something ? That is what you need to figure out the remedy. Find articles read up about what causes motivation, how to trigger it for your self and then others. Also look at videos that inspire motivation and see why they motivate you (Videos like Do what you can't, Do more, Make it count, Filmmaking is a sport) get the formula and combine it with your creativity.

After you have done that. You select a topic, I am using motivating those that are disabled as an example. I don't know if you are disabled but if not you have to keep in mind people will think what gives you the right. You have to put your self in their position. How, Research. Read about all the people that achieved something amazing with their disability. Read about what people go through when the lose a limb or go blind and try and understand from their perspective what is going on.

Then you script everything. You start off with an example. "There is a car on fire. Three passengers inside. A horrible accident just occurred. The car went off the side of the road. A little girl of six years old can't move her legs and escape but luckily a fireman came to her rescue. The accident only took full effect on little miss McClammer when the doctor told her she would never walk again. For a lot of people this would have been the end of the road but not for her. She went on to win the paraolympic 800m dash in 2008. She did not give up. She fought", disclaimer this is not the best script but you get the point. Now the viewer has something to relate to. Then you can continue to ask questions like are you stuck in a rut and then draw resemblance between the viewer and the hero during the episode.

Shooting the video. First off great to see you using copy-righted free clips but I would encourage you to shoot your own videos. Sure you won't be able to get a clip from a car burning on you're own but maybe go to a junk yard and find a car that is already burnt out, if you scripted the story to be in the past tense then the burnt car in a junk yard is fine. Shoot a few second clip from different angles. Maybe throw in a stock video of someone struggling to get out of a car etc.

Also while I watched your video I did not feel inspired or awe. You kept speaking in one tone. Motivation needs to start of slow or in this case sad then build up to a tone of excitement and craziness. "(Dramatic tone) The car is on fire *pause* three passengers inside *pause* A horrible accident just occured *pause*" Then when you get to "She went on to win the paraolympic 800m dash" You burst with speed and excitement.

Use music to your advantage. While you are in a sad tone your music should be slow and dramatic. While you are excited and speak fast. Your music should be fast and exciting. If you have a buck to spare here is a great website that has copy right free music you can add to your website.

Lastly you need to add sound effects to the video. Take the already burnt out car, to give that scene even more depth. Add sfx about something burning and while you talk about the girl struggling to escape get scuffling sound effects and add that.

In this scene you show the aftermath of the accident and also at the same time the present. If you use your own video you can make amazing content.

I am not saying you should follow what I said you should do because this is my creativity. You need to implement your creativity. Maybe this is just not the type of videos for me and other people might like it more then I do but this is what I see and this is my opinion on motivation and how to inspire it.

I hope this helped.

oh as far as channel art. It is much better but I would remove the facebook and instagram tag. It looks horrible and just add it as a link (Go have a look at some popular channels like phillip defranco) they all have it as a button on the bottom right side of their channel art. If you could make the black in your thumbnail transparent as well it would look awesome and remove the AM in your channel art and just keep anass the motivator. Then you should look like a million bucks.[DOUBLEPOST=1516085508,1516084479][/DOUBLEPOST]oh with that said, can you now see why it would be impossible to create a exceptional great video in one day. In those videos I listed that you should watch. Casey takes months to make a 5 min video. He mentioned in a behind the scenes video for "filmmaking is a sport" that it took him 11 months of editing and putting everything together and the video is just over 4 minutes long. Consider making 1 - 2 videos a week so that you can create quality content rather then quantity.

Reactions: East To West Vlogs

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
OK cool we are getting somewhere but there is still a lot of work.

I am going to list this in a waterfall order (How you should start and end)

First off, research. sounds stupid right ? What is there to research in motivation. It seems simple, you need to say something to get someone up and do something but what causes people to get up and do something ? That is what you need to figure out the remedy. Find articles read up about what causes motivation, how to trigger it for your self and then others. Also look at videos that inspire motivation and see why they motivate you (Videos like Do what you can't, Do more, Make it count, Filmmaking is a sport) get the formula and combine it with your creativity.

After you have done that. You select a topic, I am using motivating those that are disabled as an example. I don't know if you are disabled but if not you have to keep in mind people will think what gives you the right. You have to put your self in their position. How, Research. Read about all the people that achieved something amazing with their disability. Read about what people go through when the lose a limb or go blind and try and understand from their perspective what is going on.

Then you script everything. You start off with an example. "There is a car on fire. Three passengers inside. A horrible accident just occurred. The car went off the side of the road. A little girl of six years old can't move her legs and escape but luckily a fireman came to her rescue. The accident only took full effect on little miss McClammer when the doctor told her she would never walk again. For a lot of people this would have been the end of the road but not for her. She went on to win the paraolympic 800m dash in 2008. She did not give up. She fought", disclaimer this is not the best script but you get the point. Now the viewer has something to relate to. Then you can continue to ask questions like are you stuck in a rut and then draw resemblance between the viewer and the hero during the episode.

Shooting the video. First off great to see you using copy-righted free clips but I would encourage you to shoot your own videos. Sure you won't be able to get a clip from a car burning on you're own but maybe go to a junk yard and find a car that is already burnt out, if you scripted the story to be in the past tense then the burnt car in a junk yard is fine. Shoot a few second clip from different angles. Maybe throw in a stock video of someone struggling to get out of a car etc.

Also while I watched your video I did not feel inspired or awe. You kept speaking in one tone. Motivation needs to start of slow or in this case sad then build up to a tone of excitement and craziness. "(Dramatic tone) The car is on fire *pause* three passengers inside *pause* A horrible accident just occured *pause*" Then when you get to "She went on to win the paraolympic 800m dash" You burst with speed and excitement.

Use music to your advantage. While you are in a sad tone your music should be slow and dramatic. While you are excited and speak fast. Your music should be fast and exciting. If you have a buck to spare here is a great website that has copy right free music you can add to your website.

Lastly you need to add sound effects to the video. Take the already burnt out car, to give that scene even more depth. Add sfx about something burning and while you talk about the girl struggling to escape get scuffling sound effects and add that.

In this scene you show the aftermath of the accident and also at the same time the present. If you use your own video you can make amazing content.

I am not saying you should follow what I said you should do because this is my creativity. You need to implement your creativity. Maybe this is just not the type of videos for me and other people might like it more then I do but this is what I see and this is my opinion on motivation and how to inspire it.

I hope this helped.

oh as far as channel art. It is much better but I would remove the facebook and instagram tag. It looks horrible and just add it as a link (Go have a look at some popular channels like phillip defranco) they all have it as a button on the bottom right side of their channel art. If you could make the black in your thumbnail transparent as well it would look awesome and remove the AM in your channel art and just keep anass the motivator. Then you should look like a million bucks.[DOUBLEPOST=1516085508,1516084479][/DOUBLEPOST]oh with that said, can you now see why it would be impossible to create a exceptional great video in one day. In those videos I listed that you should watch. Casey takes months to make a 5 min video. He mentioned in a behind the scenes video for "filmmaking is a sport" that it took him 11 months of editing and putting everything together and the video is just over 4 minutes long. Consider making 1 - 2 videos a week so that you can create quality content rather then quantity.
Hey Sandman,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me that kind of depth on what I should be doing to create better content. I’m trying to just like find my starting point, so I definitely think that video was a starter. I guess for now the only way is up!

I’ll be using all of your tips and put it towards my new video which should come out later this week. Do you have any form of social media so I could ask for help?

A.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Sandman,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me that kind of depth on what I should be doing to create better content. I’m trying to just like find my starting point, so I definitely think that video was a starter. I guess for now the only way is up!

I’ll be using all of your tips and put it towards my new video which should come out later this week. Do you have any form of social media so I could ask for help?

A.
It is a pleasure man.
I check into here regularly, you can just drop a message and I will try and come back to you.