please help me improve!

princessofarizona

Reaction score
i know i have not made many videos but based on my latest video and channel appearance what could i work on? my aim in my videos is to be at least a bit entertaining but i don't think they come across like that. editing wise i'm still learning.

latest video:

thank you very much
Evelina

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Evelina

I think when starting out on youtube your videos will be bad to begin with which is okay because those who docent make mistakes docent improve. And it must feel a bit awkward too when speaking to the camera when you aren't used to it but I think you do a pretty good job for a beginner :) My videos were also crap in the beginning but after getting a serious pep talk from the members in here and listening to their advice my video quality improved and I could see the effect from the viewer stats (I gained a couple of subscribers too ;) )

I noticed a lot of background noises which you can easily remove in the editing that way it won't over shadow your edited background music but if you want to be a fun and entertaining I think you should check out SSSniperWolf all of her videos always rises my mode :)

Also raise your audio voice a bit I can barely here you in some of the videos.

I hope my feedback was positive and feel free to review my channel as well ;)

Cheers and good luck

Reactions: princessofarizona

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
i know i have not made many videos but based on my latest video and channel appearance what could i work on? my aim in my videos is to be at least a bit entertaining but i don't think they come across like that. editing wise i'm still learning.

latest video:

thank you very much
Evelina
Well there are blackbars, you could fix that :)
You could maybe use some background music ?

princessofarizona

Reaction score
Hi Evelina

I think when starting out on youtube your videos will be bad to begin with which is okay because those who docent make mistakes docent improve. And it must feel a bit awkward too when speaking to the camera when you aren't used to it but I think you do a pretty good job for a beginner :) My videos were also crap in the beginning but after getting a serious pep talk from the members in here and listening to their advice my video quality improved and I could see the effect from the viewer stats (I gained a couple of subscribers too ;) )

I noticed a lot of background noises which you can easily remove in the editing that way it won't over shadow your edited background music but if you want to be a fun and entertaining I think you should check out SSSniperWolf all of her videos always rises my mode :)

Also raise your audio voice a bit I can barely here you in some of the videos.

I hope my feedback was positive and feel free to review my channel as well ;)

Cheers and good luck
thank you for your detailed tips! i'll take these into consideration and i appreciate your understanding about how awkward making videos is in the beginning. about the background noise i'll find the way to reduce it and i'm aware i need to speak up, just don't want to yell. your channel art looks very sharp btw, even though im not a car person i can admire it.[DOUBLEPOST=1468098961,1468098849][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well there are blackbars, you could fix that :)
You could maybe use some background music ?
ya not sure how i got the black bars but i'll try to avoid it. and i need to find nice music that's true. thanks for the input!

Reactions: HyDraid

Fee007

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there! I took a look at your last video. I think the topic you chose is great! I think you may want to work on your energy level. The tone of your voice is very monotone, try sounding a lot more upbeat. Also, try using more facial expression to convey your thoughts and adjusting the volume. It seems very low in some parts. And I agree..try adding some music in the background to help liven up the mood. But you have some great ideas and a few tweaks is all you need!! I hope this helps.:wavespin:

Olroy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Concerning your last video I might suggest either speaking louder (not something people usually like to hear, I've been there before and I know, it sucks when people say you should talk louder), or you can try raising the volume of your audio, if your editor doesn't support doing so then download audacity and use that, you can record your audio and then crop and edit it etc. Also consider adding some quiet background music. If you're not already partnered with a youtube network, I suggest trying to do so seeing as they will provide you with at least one royalty free music library to use

princessofarizona

Reaction score
Hey there! I took a look at your last video. I think the topic you chose is great! I think you may want to work on your energy level. The tone of your voice is very monotone, try sounding a lot more upbeat. Also, try using more facial expression to convey your thoughts and adjusting the volume. It seems very low in some parts. And I agree..try adding some music in the background to help liven up the mood. But you have some great ideas and a few tweaks is all you need!! I hope this helps.:wavespin:
Thanks for the feedback. I agree I should work on my enthusiasm, its just hard because I'm shy. I'm trying to increase the energy. Appreciate the pointers!

Sent from my Xfire2 using Tapatalk

princessofarizona

Reaction score
Concerning your last video I might suggest either speaking louder (not something people usually like to hear, I've been there before and I know, it sucks when people say you should talk louder), or you can try raising the volume of your audio, if your editor doesn't support doing so then download audacity and use that, you can record your audio and then crop and edit it etc. Also consider adding some quiet background music. If you're not already partnered with a youtube network, I suggest trying to do so seeing as they will provide you with at least one royalty free music library to use
Great advice, thanks. I got the volume as high as I could so now it's on me to improve lol.

Sent from my Xfire2 using Tapatalk