One thing you could have from YouTube?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Video comments! I loved that feature, and I found so many cool channels due to video comments back in the day.
Yeah, that´s the biggest thing I miss the most as well! It´s a great way to see new people!

SnoopingTurtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I would love it if they created a new tab for unknown YouTube where they hire people to actively look for channels that show a lot of promise and are high quality while not having a big following to try and help them get more attention on the website. They could even have separate sections that show specific genre channels like a vlogging section, lets play section and so on. I dunno, I would think that it would be nifty.

Reactions: Malasia

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like some kind of way to browse or filter through channels so that I can find new content from smaller creators more easily. Perhaps categories that are better organised and a system in place that does not favor the biggest YouTubers as much as the YouTube SEO currently does.
YouTube is slowly falling victim to the 'rich only get richer and poor only get poorer' concept. The only difference being the bigger YouTubers only get bigger and the smaller YouTubers get squashed away from any exposure whatsoever.

Maybe they could have a Highlight tab for each category and sub-genre that specifically selects the best content to show from YouTubers with less than 100k Subs. Or - to go one step better - a custom highlights tab so that you can get highlights from specific categories and sub-genres with a subscriber count filter (so you can filter the results to only show videos from people with 1k subs or less for example).

I say this because I know a few small YouTubers that have genuinely amazing content - they just can't get it seen due to the reasons stated above.

Reactions: Malasia

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like some kind of way to browse or filter through channels so that I can find new content from smaller creators more easily. Perhaps categories that are better organised and a system in place that does not favor the biggest YouTubers as much as the YouTube SEO currently does.
YouTube is slowly falling victim to the 'rich only get richer and poor only get poorer' concept. The only difference being the bigger YouTubers only get bigger and the smaller YouTubers get squashed away from any exposure whatsoever.

Maybe they could have a Highlight tab for each category and sub-genre that specifically selects the best content to show from YouTubers with less than 100k Subs. Or - to go one step better - a custom highlights tab so that you can get highlights from specific categories and sub-genres with a subscriber count filter (so you can filter the results to only show videos from people with 1k subs or less for example).

I say this because I know a few small YouTubers that have genuinely amazing content - they just can't get it seen due to the reasons stated above.
I love this idea, they should definitely do this. I fall victim to that and feel like if YouTube does something for small Youtuber's it wouldn't be such a struggle growing our channels.

Reactions: iGM