NOTHIING is working!!!

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok let me give the down-low i have been doing youtube going onto 2 years now, in that time, we only have amassed a static 379 subs. Now on average, we would be lucky if our vids ever hit 10+ views, not including the time youtube add views when you check you vid in the creator studio.

Now before you say, "you will get lucky" of "just use proper tags in your videos" of "sahre your videos on social media platroms"
I have been doing ALL of that. Honestly i am at the wits end here and i am looking for help. So please can you help?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Reviews / Channel Feedback forum. ^^

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are doing everything you can and still not getting anywhere - Maybe this game is not for you pal?

Reactions: Switchbox

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
If you truly are doing everything that you can, then the formula is not working out for you. Switch it up? Why would you not try to run something different next to the videos that you are already doing? Make a fresh kind of movie/gaming video series to put next to what you have. You have pretty much nothing to lose at this point. Views are low, subs are inactive and therefore useless, so just try new stuff. Also: I do see some videos that have done pretty well for you, so you have had some good moments as well. Figure out what made those videos well received and try to tailor your existing formula to that if possible.

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How much do you promote your videos on social media S.A.D? I know it's been doing decently for me, now that I've got my channel up and running again.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How much do you promote your videos on social media S.A.D? I know it's been doing decently for me, now that I've got my channel up and running again.
i promote almost each video at least once, sometimes, though more often, i may protoe multiple times. problem is out side of simply providing links, i cant do much else. and Reddit, Jesus, dont get me started on Reddit, that place place is a pain in the a**.[DOUBLEPOST=1511577724,1511577589][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you truly are doing everything that you can, then the formula is not working out for you. Switch it up? Why would you not try to run something different next to the videos that you are already doing? Make a fresh kind of movie/gaming video series to put next to what you have. You have pretty much nothing to lose at this point. Views are low, subs are inactive and therefore useless, so just try new stuff. Also: I do see some videos that have done pretty well for you, so you have had some good moments as well. Figure out what made those videos well received and try to tailor your existing formula to that if possible.
thats the weird thing, thous vids that have done very well, there is actully not much in the differecne when compared to others.[DOUBLEPOST=1511577906][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you are doing everything you can and still not getting anywhere - Maybe this game is not for you pal?
you may be right, still one can always hope. i have had some luck using google adwords, but i find them to be a rip off. For example, i may see that an advert has gotten "100 clicks" yet when i look at the youtube channel trailer, barely anything changes. I would normally have the ad link to the channel page, and the trailer just automticly plays, and the views would update.[DOUBLEPOST=1511578146][/DOUBLEPOST]
just out of curiousty, how exactly would you promote your channel. for exaample how would you go about twitter and facebook etc?

Arc Flash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i promote almost each video at least once, sometimes, though more often, i may protoe multiple times. problem is out side of simply providing links, i cant do much else. and Reddit, Jesus, dont get me started on Reddit, that place place is a pain in the a**.[DOUBLEPOST=1511577724,1511577589][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats the weird thing, thous vids that have done very well, there is actully not much in the differecne when compared to others.[DOUBLEPOST=1511577906][/DOUBLEPOST]
you may be right, still one can always hope. i have had some luck using google adwords, but i find them to be a rip off. For example, i may see that an advert has gotten "100 clicks" yet when i look at the youtube channel trailer, barely anything changes. I would normally have the ad link to the channel page, and the trailer just automticly plays, and the views would update.[DOUBLEPOST=1511578146][/DOUBLEPOST]
just out of curiousty, how exactly would you promote your channel. for exaample how would you go about twitter and facebook etc?
I personally like to use Google + in addition to Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and the gaming forums here at YTTalk. Google + is a surprising way to get views, and it's easy to join and post in relevant communities. I agree, Reddit can be tough. I had mentioned it in another thread here that while there is a ton of potential, the barrier to entry is very tough due to the jaded community and tough mods. You really do have to show that you're a valuable member with a lot of karma before you're taken seriously. Another issue is while it can be good for views, I didn't really get many subs or retention from them, but it could just be my low standing in that community right now. Still trying to build a following on Twitter, as I just got it, but it's still nice that you can post your content with the relevant hash tags and get some views from that. Same with Facebook groups. I'd also highly suggest watching some Youtube videos by Nick Nimmin, Roberto Blake, and Derral Eves. They've got great tips on growing your channel, which have already been helping me in the short time I've been active again. I don't have a ton of subs yet (almost at 100!), but I am getting good views and retention for the amount of subs I have so far. Having TubeBuddy and/or VidIQ installed is also a must!

It looks like you have some videos that are successful, so I'd say look at your analytics and try to figure out what's drawing people to the videos (and stay to watch them), whether it's the subject you're covering, the people that are in your video, or something else that's making people tune into those more than your other videos. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
thats the weird thing, thous vids that have done very well, there is actully not much in the differecne when compared to others.
The formula might not be different from your other videos, but there has to be something different. Maybe you uploaded the video at a time while there was a certain buzz/controversy around the product? Timing is often a contributing factor to getting views or not. Maybe the product has such a small content creator base that you were easy to find for viewers. I feel like it would be worthwhile to analyze your successful videos not only on concept, but also on surrounding factors that might have influenced it. It either helps you figure out patterns that you can follow to make more successful content or it will confirm that your concept is not working. Both are pretty much profit for you I would say.