Non-supportive parents

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just need to vent a little.

My dream is to be a filmmaker, and this is a way to work towards that dream. So today I woke up 4am, the reason for this is because I wanted to edit my Vlog. I take from 4-4:50to prepare for school, that gives me from 5-7:30 to edit. I got about 30 minutes of editing in, then my Dad comes out of his room and he slams down my laptop screen, and take my laptop brings it to the living room and slams it on the table. (This is a Laptop that I bought with my own money, I picked up extra hours at work to get this laptop) When I headed the slam of the laptop on the table I was just about to lose my sh*t and start yelling, unfortunately I can't do that or else I will get my a** beat. Now I'm still p****d and I'm really just excited of the day when I turn 18 and being able to leave them and stick a middle finger out as I do so.
Thank you for reading, I just had to get this out.

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Wow... I'm in shock that your dad did that to you. You worked for that laptop with your own money. You weren't bothering anyone. This makes me so upset for you, I'm so sorry. Having non-supportive parents can really put a damper on your dream, but don't let it stop you from pursuing your dream. Once you're 18, your life is YOURS.

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

My dream is to be a filmmaker, and this is a way to work towards that dream. So today I woke up 4am, the reason for this is because I wanted to edit my Vlog. I take from 4-4:50to prepare for school, that gives me from 5-7:30 to edit. I got about 30 minutes of editing in, then my Dad comes out of his room and he slams down my laptop screen, and take my laptop brings it to the living room and slams it on the table. (This is a Laptop that I bought with my own money, I picked up extra hours at work to get this laptop) When I headed the slam of the laptop on the table I was just about to lose my sh*t and start yelling, unfortunately I can't do that or else I will get my a** beat. Now I'm still p****d and I'm really just excited of the day when I turn 18 and being able to leave them and stick a middle finger out as I do so.
That's really unfortunate mate I'm sorry to hear that. Save your cash and move out ASAP if your parents aren't supporting your passion.

Reactions: Julius Gacgacao

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian

Sorry about the harsh parents. especially since you are working so hard and waking up early to do something you love :/

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Damn, not a great situation you're currently in mate.

But try and keep as cool as possible, try and work reasons with your parents. You're still living with them, they're still your parents.

Keep your passion and dreams alive, because one day, I'm sure you're going to be able to express it to the fullest!

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know how frustrating it feels. I'm already living on my own, in a different country, and at this exact moment my parents are driving me insane and hurting me emotionally and I still can't brush it off. I'm sending love and good vibes your way, never give up.

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know how you feel. Went through some similar crap myself. I've always known that I wanted to make video games for a living and I would get in s**t all the time for playing them and making them even though my parents thought making them was more productive. I eventually lost it on my dad before moving out which kind of cleared the air a bit but now that I'm on my own life is pretty amazing!

Just hold on, keep doing what you're doing and when it's finally time for you to move out; own your life :)

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What a horrible situation. Just remember it's all temporary, and just hang in there! When you get angry with your parents, instead of lashing out, start planning. Save money and prepare for the day you can move out. Keep working on what you love, even if you have to relocate to the library or something to "study." The best way to stick it to your dad is to become successful on your own making videos one day.

I hope your laptop is ok!

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know how frustrating it feels. I'm already living on my own, in a different country, and at this exact moment my parents are driving me insane and hurting me emotionally and I still can't brush it off. I'm sending love and good vibes your way, never give up.
You are the nicest person I've ever met on the internet. Sorry to hear about this, but thanks for sharing :)

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Prove that your passion can bring a good wage and success and I think they would be really happy with you. Maybe they think you are wasting your time trying to persure this career, as parents do think they are always right