"No comments to display" with 100+ spam comments

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi guys,

I love reading and answering comments. My viewers get super hyped with this interaction. However, many comments end up in the spam folder for no reason.

That's not the point though. The problem is that I cannot view all those spam comments. I currently have about 100 of them sitting in the spam folder, and when I click on "show more" it eventually ends up saying "No comments to display".

I've tried this on Chrome, Edge and even Internet Explorer. All seem to have the same issue.

If anybody knows a fix for this, please let me know. Thanks!

-James

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi guys,

I love reading and answering comments. My viewers get super hyped with this interaction. However, many comments end up in the spam folder for no reason.

That's not the point though. The problem is that I cannot view all those spam comments. I currently have about 100 of them sitting in the spam folder, and when I click on "show more" it eventually ends up saying "No comments to display".

I've tried this on Chrome, Edge and even Internet Explorer. All seem to have the same issue.

If anybody knows a fix for this, please let me know. Thanks!

-James

Yeah, this seems to be a bug with YouTube, ever since they changed the comments system.

Reactions: ProjectJamesify

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That's a lot of spam... Have you tried deleting or moving any of the spam comments to see if there is a message limit on the folder? Like that it can't show more than "X" number of messages? Maybe shortening up the list will allow you to see new messages.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube have messed up somewhere in the comments sections. I get all sorts of weird behaviour. I would suggest in your next video just let your subs know there's stuff going on with youtube and the comments section isn't how it should be and to stand by whilst they sort it. At least you're letting them know.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
At the place where this happens (comments marked as spam but you saw nothing), change the current video to All Videos via a dropdown. It's somewhere near the top right of the row but you should be able to view the video thumbnail which marks the location.

It fixed the issues.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At the place where this happens (comments marked as spam but you saw nothing), change the current video to All Videos via a dropdown. It's somewhere near the top right of the row but you should be able to view the video thumbnail which marks the location.

It fixed the issues.
Nah, he's talking about this nonsense. I've been having this happen for months now.

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've never experienced this issue. It might be that i do not get as many comments, but most of the comments i do get are put in the spam folder. I normally can see them and either approve or disapprove them. I hope this gets sorted out for you!

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Right now, for example, it says there are 75 "Likely Spam" comments. It shows 3 comments and then a button labeled "Show more". When I click "Show more", it says "Couldn't load comments" and there is blue text to click below it that says "Try again". I click it and it tries and shows the same message. I click it again and it does the same thing. I click it a 3rd time and it says "No comments to display". This is below the 3 spam comments. I check all 3 comments and approve/delete them and either go under regular comments or deleted. It now shows no comments and it says there are 72 "Likely Spam" comments. 2 days ago it said there were 91 and I haven't approved or deleted any from spam since then.

ReadySalted80

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I've had this bug for ages.

But tonight I am getting a weird bug, when I watch one of my own videos usually to see how it turned out it goes to the edit page.