new gaming channel

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could get an overall channel review?

I know I need a new banner and I'm sort of working on it but how do you feel about the content that is presented, my logo( which is a gamer profile pic) and your thoughts on my banner. Take in mind I am not a graphic artist so making that sort of art is definitely a learning curve for me.

Feel free to poke around and let me know your thoughts and comments on it! Thank you and have a great day!

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
I'll try to give some feedback as a viewer, as I am pretty much a newb at making content myself.Hope it's helpfull for you though!

Channel art:
- Your banner needs work, like you said. Quick tip: there are tons of people who make awesome gaming banners that you can take inspiration from. Just google youtube gaming banner and let the creative juices flow! :)
- Your profile pic does the job of saying ''rage and games'', so it's certainly not bad as a filler for now. I do feel like I see a lot of those kinds of profile pics though, so it does not stick with me as ''o yeah that's VigilanteRager''.

Video quality:
- I checked out your Rainbow Six video and the first thing I noticed was a jump from low fps to high fps, which took me out of the video. At times I was more focused on the fps drops than the actual content you were trying to deliver.
- Video length was pretty solid for a compilation video imo. Especially if you are not delivering the MLG pro gameplay stuff. You nailed that one!
- I felt like there were too many random moments in the video though. Like from 5:00 till 6:10, in my eyes nothing happens.
- I would have loved if you would have used more funny music. The music really added something to the purpose of the video, which was showing how new you are to that game. It was a shame that it was there in only a few segments.

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'll try to give some feedback as a viewer, as I am pretty much a newb at making content myself.Hope it's helpfull for you though!

Channel art:
- Your banner needs work, like you said. Quick tip: there are tons of people who make awesome gaming banners that you can take inspiration from. Just google youtube gaming banner and let the creative juices flow! :)
- Your profile pic does the job of saying ''rage and games'', so it's certainly not bad as a filler for now. I do feel like I see a lot of those kinds of profile pics though, so it does not stick with me as ''o yeah that's VigilanteRager''.

Video quality:
- I checked out your Rainbow Six video and the first thing I noticed was a jump from low fps to high fps, which took me out of the video. At times I was more focused on the fps drops than the actual content you were trying to deliver.
- Video length was pretty solid for a compilation video imo. Especially if you are not delivering the MLG pro gameplay stuff. You nailed that one!
- I felt like there were too many random moments in the video though. Like from 5:00 till 6:10, in my eyes nothing happens.
- I would have loved if you would have used more funny music. The music really added something to the purpose of the video, which was showing how new you are to that game. It was a shame that it was there in only a few segments.

Dude. If I would have asked for a better review I couldn't have got one so let me start with thank you so much. im glad you think the profile pic is a good filler for now until you think of a logo but i am also going to work on a banner tonight because like you said i want to be grabbing peoples attention and to look more professional more or less.

As far as the quality I think that is because I was running graphics way too high and that was just my game in general (that is fixed now) I have another siege video to start so I guess I will see when I make that one! I am actually still really new to the recording side of it and maybe you can answer this quick... why when i full screen my video is it not full screen. my monitor is like 1600xsomething and I didn't think thats what I was recording in but thats what i run siege in, so I am guessing that has to do with it in some way.

This has helped me out more than you know! It is greatly appreciated!

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
No problem dude, happy to help out. Let me get this straight: Probably a resolution issue yeah. Make sure that your resolution settings are the same everywhere: recording software, in game and editing software.

Reactions: VigilantRager

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah dude that is my next step after work

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, not sure how I can give feedback as you have more subs than me, but

1 - The first thing I notice is that you don't have any thumbnails for any of your videos.
2 - Your banner text is not fully visible on my PC, Phone or Tablet. The V and i are cut of at the bottom.
3 - Your banner could also do with a bit more info, for instance what is the channel about.

Keep up the good work though.

Reactions: VigilantRager

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, not sure how I can give feedback as you have more subs than me, but

1 - The first thing I notice is that you don't have any thumbnails for any of your videos.
2 - Your banner text is not fully visible on my PC, Phone or Tablet. The V and i are cut of at the bottom.
3 - Your banner could also do with a bit more info, for instance what is the channel about.

Keep up the good work though.
No thumbnails? im confused bc I totally make them and upload them.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry your right, i'll be honest they just didn't stand out enough I had to really look hard to notice them.

VigilantRager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry your right, i'll be honest they just didn't stand out enough I had to really look hard to notice them.
I have to say I do like yours. which one out of mine do you like the most?

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Minecraft thumbnails are the better ones however the text is too small and I cannot read them properly on a 24 inch monitor. I use Canva.com for creating my thumbnails etc as they have the correct dimensions.