New Channels and What People Want

EternalLibido

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To start this off, about a year ago I started my YouTube channel, which I use to upload music by underground / up-and-coming hip-hop artists. I recently learned some video editing basics for more professional looking artwork for uploads and upload much more frequently now (Am at around 70 uploads) . My question is, what do you guys look for when you decide if you want to support a channel? Do you look at upload frequency, or number of uploads, etc? You can give examples of any type of channel (Ex. What you'd like for a gaming channel, or what you'd like for a music channel, etc.)

bb109

Reaction score
for a Music DJ mixing type channels where new music from random artists get uploaded.

I look for several things

1, sound quality is very important. I love hiphop type of music but often have been very disappointed when i find a good DJ mix on youtube that the sound quality is so bad that i can't enjoy the mix.

2, upload frequency. if you are a channel that is mixing other peoples songs. frequency is important to me.

3, if you are a DJ/ mixer etc. Upload 2 hour mixes or longer mixes.

4, for graphics on music. i like what channels like trap nation are doing where they have the bass beat graphic is moving and it's not just a still picture. I checked out your channel and it looks like you have done this already which is good.

My criticism is on your videos. EternalLibido looks way too big.

Reactions: thisisshari

EternalLibido

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome! Thanks for your input. I've made some playlists but not full mixes. I hope, that now that I am uploading more often it will help me. Your graphics comment relieves me because I recently learned some video editing and how to incorporate a visual Audio spectrum to the video. When you say it looks too big do you mean the font size, etc, or like the name itself is too long? Once again, thanks a bunch for taking the time to reply and to share your opinion.

Last edited:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Because this is channel-specific, I've moved it to the reviews/feedback forum for you. ^_^

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
Work on fixing your channel art and your channel icon, make them consistent and look nice. I'd make that look like the background in your videos too, which the graphics in those aren't bad. I think you should shorten your channel name from "EternalLibido Underground" to just "Eternal Libido"

I also see you've got some IshDARR on there too, he's from MKE!!! (where I'm from haha)

edit: Ooh you've got his brother on there too

EternalLibido

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because this is channel-specific, I've moved it to the reviews/feedback forum for you. ^_^
Haha thank you. I'm new to the forum and like 10 minutes after I made the thread I realized that there was probably a better area to post it, haha :p[DOUBLEPOST=1476932322,1476931600][/DOUBLEPOST]
Work on fixing your channel art and your channel icon, make them consistent and look nice. I'd make that look like the background in your videos too, which the graphics in those aren't bad. I think you should shorten your channel name from "EternalLibido Underground" to just "Eternal Libido"

I also see you've got some IshDARR on there too, he's from MKE!!! (where I'm from haha)

edit: Ooh you've got his brother on there too
Hell yeah I've got IshDARR, haha. I found him a little while ago and really like his style. Anyways, removing "Underground" was a givin, and I took care of that right away (I'd been thinking about shortening it for a while as well). I spent today making an actual logo so that I can change the artwork in the videos practically for each video now that I can just drop the logo on it instead of re-creating a pic everytime. I also made the logo smaller so it didn't take up so much space on the video ( which was recommended by another person). I'm gonna post a pictue of an example of the first video in which I've used the new logo and can now simply replace the photo behind the logo often. New Logo Example.jpg

EternalLibido

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you, I think so too. I'm glad you guys gave me some tips.