New channel, looking for some criticism.

Atticus Prime

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have created a gaming channel, and I am almost at my 20th video after 2 weeks. I was hoping to get a few people to check out my page/videos to let me know if I am doing everything correctly (Tags, Banner, Bio, Commentary Etc.)

I would appreciate any help I could get so I can apply it to my channel, and pass the knowledge along to others in need.

My Channel - youtube.com/user/orphios

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Atticus! I think I can give you some tips for your channel (even if I have a young channel as well). First of all you should change your channel layout by clicking on the cog next to the subscribe button, in that way there will be more sections (videos, playlist, discussion, about) and it gives to the channel a more clean view. I watched your eleventh part of Dark Souls 3 and the video/audio quality is good (maybe your voice is a bit muffled but that can be only my opinion). I think that you can do shorter videos (I mean i like watching longer videos if they are interesting) because for a new channel is harder to keep the focus of visitors if you already start with longer videos so you should do some cuts in the editing. The title is ok while description and tags need a little fix.
1)For the description just try to add everything you can about the game and the video itself (also add links to other playlists, videos, social media accounts), i know it's hard filling that box because I'm still struggling to reach a good grade of filling without resulting in a keyword stuffing thing.
2)For tags I have some suggestions: use some keyword generator tools you can find on google, as well as a couple of chrome extensions with which you can see tags on other people videos for having an idea on how to move (Tubebuddy and vidIQ). Also use the youtube search bar by putting the name of the game and seeing the automatic results (those are the most popular searches and you can use them if they fit your video).
But unfortunately in the end there are other aspects that decides for video ranking and they are watch time and audience retention, so it's not everything up to SEO.
Keep the videos coming and don't give up!

Atticus Prime

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, and feedback I will have to work on my page today.

As for the mic Ive been using a headset, but I bought a Blue Snowball microphone from what I've seen it has good quality.

I will have to also check out those links for the tagging generator.

You have been helpful, and it is much appreciated.