New channel, looking for feedback and suggestions!

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone! I just posted my third video and I'm wondering if anyone can offer me feedback on my videos and overall presentation. My goal is to grow my channel, so if you have any tips or suggestions, feel free to share! I'm trying to decide if I should go in a specific direction with my channel or just keep posting videos that relate to my interests.

Thanks!

Reactions: Joe MK

Martyvader

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Caitlin! Welcome to yttalk! First off, I love the style that you are going for. The art style is cute and clean and the Vegan theme is really interesting and one that I don't think has been done very much. You could have a great niche on your hands! If I had any singular criticisms it would be the audio quality between the introduction and the actual recipe part of the cupcake video. If you get the chance I would look into getting a lapel or LAV mike to put on your shirt for when you can't be near a microphone to record. Also, don't be afraid to edit edit edit! Your editing is nice, but cutting out any extra pauses and keeping the video as quick and brisk as possible will keep viewer attention. Other than that just make sure your upload schedule is consistent. Keep making great content and I really think taking a Vegan spin on things could be the niche that your channel needs to target! Just my two cents! Hope it helped :)

Reactions: Caitlin Rose

Joe MK

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer
Just Keep going with whatever interests you. Focus on making your first 25 videos as well as you can!

So far they are great, may need shorter clips within the video and a little more voice overs in between (like the cooking videos)... Hope this helps :D

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Caitlin! Welcome to yttalk! First off, I love the style that you are going for. The art style is cute and clean and the Vegan theme is really interesting and one that I don't think has been done very much. You could have a great niche on your hands! If I had any singular criticisms it would be the audio quality between the introduction and the actual recipe part of the cupcake video. If you get the chance I would look into getting a lapel or LAV mike to put on your shirt for when you can't be near a microphone to record. Also, don't be afraid to edit edit edit! Your editing is nice, but cutting out any extra pauses and keeping the video as quick and brisk as possible will keep viewer attention. Other than that just make sure your upload schedule is consistent. Keep making great content and I really think taking a Vegan spin on things could be the niche that your channel needs to target! Just my two cents! Hope it helped :)
Thanks! I hear you about the audio quality thing, I didn't realize the mic on my camera would suck so much. I do have access to a room mic which I plan on switching to. I will also focus on shorter videos, and uploading to a schedule (at least once a week, but preferably twice.)

Just Keep going with whatever interests you. Focus on making your first 25 videos as well as you can!

So far they are great, may need shorter clips within the video and a little more voice overs in between (like the cooking videos)... Hope this helps :D
Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Martyvader

MichaelP

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tip: Ignore or delete the comments like: "That's cool I see potential here. I also have channel, so if you don't mind taking a peek and seeing what I got. Haha ;)".

This happened to me at first and I just replied sarcastically "I sure will!" and after that I just started deleting those comments on my videos.

These kind of people just want subscribers and they're commenting on other people's videos, not for the interest of your channel but the interest of their channel.

Keep it cool ;)

Caitlin Rose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tip: Ignore or delete the comments like: "That's cool I see potential here. I also have channel, so if you don't mind taking a peek and seeing what I got. Haha ;)".

This happened to me at first and I just replied sarcastically "I sure will!" and after that I just started deleting those comments on my videos.

These kind of people just want subscribers and they're commenting on other people's videos, not for the interest of your channel but the interest of their channel.

Keep it cool ;)
Haha yeah, that bothers me, I don't like to do that myself. I figured I would keep them up until I receive more genuine comments just so my comment section isn't empty?

MichaelP

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha yeah, that bothers me, I don't like to do that myself. I figured I would keep them up until I receive more genuine comments just so my comment section isn't empty?
I'd rather have an empty comment section then a bunch of people who want you to subscribe to them.
I usually have 1-3 positive comments on every 2nd, 3rd video and I'm okay with that, I don't want 4-5 fake comments in every single video.
Give it a thought. ;)