Need help making thumbs? - Have my PSD (Photoshop Help.)

Was this helpful?

• Yes! Thanks

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nope, didn't understand the PSD/Couldn't open it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! I would love some more information though!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

LIAMODEARME

Hey All,

A little while ago I commented on a thread where someone was asking for some Photoshop help, mainly about making thumbs.

I use Photoshop EVERYDAY its a great tool and I strongly recommend you get in and try it out. Adobe makes it very affordable these days to use their programs and photoshop is an industry standard program. So have a go at it, don't be scared, you may find you are awesome at it and want to pursue it further!

I have uploaded a PSD of one of my thumbs, its not super clean but you can have a look at the "Layers Window" and de-construct some of the things I have done. I have also listed below some key terms you should google. They will send you in the right direction to making some interesting thumbs.

I really hope this helps someone.

• Layers
  • Adjustment layers
  • Masks
  • Layer style

DOWNLOAD (Photoshop CC) (Should open in older versions.) (Font will break don't worry thats not necessary to have a look around.)

If this is helpful please let me know, perhaps I could take some time to write up an indepth tutorial and create a clean educational PSD on how you can create thumbs AND channel art.

Love Liam.

Hey All,

A little while ago I commented on a thread where someone was asking for some Photoshop help, mainly about making thumbs.

I use Photoshop EVERYDAY its a great tool and I strongly recommend you get in and try it out. Adobe makes it very affordable these days to use their programs and photoshop is an industry standard program. So have a go at it, don't be scared, you may find you are awesome at it and want to pursue it further!

I have uploaded a PSD of one of my thumbs, its not super clean but you can have a look at the "Layers Window" and de-construct some of the things I have done. I have also listed below some key terms you should google. They will send you in the right direction to making some interesting thumbs.

I really hope this helps someone.

• Layers
  • Adjustment layers
  • Masks
  • Layer style

(Photoshop CC) (Should open in older versions.) (Font will break don't worry thats not necessary to have a look around.)

If this is helpful please let me know, perhaps I could take some time to write up an indepth tutorial and create a clean educational PSD on how you can create thumbs AND channel art.

Love Liam.
I agree, but I just use Gimp it's seems really easy to do and my thumbs come out good :)

I'm already quite familiar with many Adobe products (currently making my banner in illustrator) -- but I'll check this out anyways.

I'm always curious to see other peoples workflow. Thanks.:)

Good work on helping and providing resources for those who need it. I was thinking about doing the same thing a few weeks ago but never ended up doing it. Good work @LIAMODEARME

Back