Need A Review/Help On Gaming Channel

Always Sunbros

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Want a review of our channel. Looking at design, content, anything you can think of. We are very low on the totem pole of YouTube but that isn't a bother to us. We just drink beer, play games, and hit record. Thanks to anyone that gives us a look! If anything needs improvement give me a post. I want honest opinions please!

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

You seem both quite funny and entertaining to be quite honest, but I think there definitely are a few things you guys can improve on. Something easy enough to improve on is the thumbnails, where the name of game is always hidden by the video length and is way too small to be readable, same as the writing below your channel name, it cannot be read, so I would play around a bit with the thumbnail to make sure everything is well visible, but apart from that they are pretty nice. I also like the simple intro that you guys have with your channel name being see through, nice and elegant :)

Something that might be a bit more difficult is the video length, which is something I have also been told myself to work on. Most people apparently want shorter videos, which I know is difficult to achieve and I know personally I do like longer videos, especially when it has nice commentary, but the majority does not see it that way, so the best thing to do is to split the longer videos into multiple, so that you still keep the content but its more easily watchable by everyone.

I hope that helps. Best of luck with your channel :)

Always Sunbros

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You seem both quite funny and entertaining to be quite honest, but I think there definitely are a few things you guys can improve on. Something easy enough to improve on is the thumbnails, where the name of game is always hidden by the video length and is way too small to be readable, same as the writing below your channel name, it cannot be read, so I would play around a bit with the thumbnail to make sure everything is well visible, but apart from that they are pretty nice. I also like the simple intro that you guys have with your channel name being see through, nice and elegant :)

Something that might be a bit more difficult is the video length, which is something I have also been told myself to work on. Most people apparently want shorter videos, which I know is difficult to achieve and I know personally I do like longer videos, especially when it has nice commentary, but the majority does not see it that way, so the best thing to do is to split the longer videos into multiple, so that you still keep the content but its more easily watchable by everyone.

I hope that helps. Best of luck with your channel :)
Thank you so much for the feedback! I agree on the shortening of the videos. As of recent we tried to cut it back to 15 mins each. Is there a sweet spot on timing that you have had success with? The first few videos we did ran a little long ha.

As for the thumbnail. I see what you mean. I'll have to mix it up to make it more viewable for anyone dropping by.

Again appreciate the feedback!

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have just been given that feedback to my videos in the past few days, so I have not experimented yet with lengths. My videos are all between 20 to 30 min, but the suggestions were to cut it to between 7 and 10 min each. I know it can be quite difficult, especially if you are making story related games or playthroughs, so what I was thinking is to keep these types of videos to 20 min, but for any other game make smaller videos.

Always Sunbros

Reaction score
Ha yeah with games like ffx it's hard to do. With all the cut scenes and such

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Damn, i really want to give you guys some useful feedback but I don't think I can add anything that Valerik hasn't already mentioned. The tumbnails are probably what stands out the most, the banner part isn't very readable, and it seems there's really not much going on outside of them, so the majority of the thumbnail's space is taken up by... well, not much in particular other than some vaguely recognizable imagery from the game, while any informative text sits cramped at the bottom. As to how you can improve them, I don't rightly know, so I guess this is just useless criticism :) But I think just by reorganizing some things around and maybe being more selective with the in-game image you'll be in business, some experimentation may be required.

And then there's the videos themselves. Highly entertaining, but maybe a tad... bloated? Like it seems to me that a little editing would go a long way, I've noticed your videos are mostly a single chunk of commentated gameplay. I think if you just made an effort to trim out some of the fat and leave in the most interesting parts or comments it would really help the videos' dynamics, as well as your length issue. I know some Youtubers who do live comms get like a couple of hours of footage that they talk over and then sift through it leaving only the best bits, resulting in say a 15 min video. Now I know it may be hard to judge what gets tossed and what makes the cut, but I think making an effort to do so, and experimenting a bit can ultimately go a long way and really pay off.

That being said, I like what you guys are doing, I think the fundamental concept, as well as your consistent aesthetic regarding the banner and intros and stuff are really solid and there are ultimately good times to be had with your stuff. I just think a little work on the presentation would help bring those good times to your viewers in a more digestible, and ultimately enjoyable fashion, and that putting some thought into it will more than make up for itself in views and general video quality.

I don't know if I made many sense, I hope I did and that you find something useful in my opinion. Bottom line, keep doing what you're doing, I'd love to see you guys make some noise in the gaming scene. Best of luck in growing your channel! :thumbsup2:

Always Sunbros

Reaction score
Damn, i really want to give you guys some useful feedback but I don't think I can add anything that Valerik hasn't already mentioned. The tumbnails are probably what stands out the most, the banner part isn't very readable, and it seems there's really not much going on outside of them, so the majority of the thumbnail's space is taken up by... well, not much in particular other than some vaguely recognizable imagery from the game, while any informative text sits cramped at the bottom. As to how you can improve them, I don't rightly know, so I guess this is just useless criticism :) But I think just by reorganizing some things around and maybe being more selective with the in-game image you'll be in business, some experimentation may be required.

And then there's the videos themselves. Highly entertaining, but maybe a tad... bloated? Like it seems to me that a little editing would go a long way, I've noticed your videos are mostly a single chunk of commentated gameplay. I think if you just made an effort to trim out some of the fat and leave in the most interesting parts or comments it would really help the videos' dynamics, as well as your length issue. I know some Youtubers who do live comms get like a couple of hours of footage that they talk over and then sift through it leaving only the best bits, resulting in say a 15 min video. Now I know it may be hard to judge what gets tossed and what makes the cut, but I think making an effort to do so, and experimenting a bit can ultimately go a long way and really pay off.

That being said, I like what you guys are doing, I think the fundamental concept, as well as your consistent aesthetic regarding the banner and intros and stuff are really solid and there are ultimately good times to be had with your stuff. I just think a little work on the presentation would help bring those good times to your viewers in a more digestible, and ultimately enjoyable fashion, and that putting some thought into it will more than make up for itself in views and general video quality.

I don't know if I made many sense, I hope I did and that you find something useful in my opinion. Bottom line, keep doing what you're doing, I'd love to see you guys make some noise in the gaming scene. Best of luck in growing your channel! :thumbsup2:
Wondabah bro. That is awesome advice ha. That's the kind of honesty Im looking for. I appreciate the feedback. Im going to try and edit a video just like that and see what I come up with. Again thank you for taking a look! :)

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Guys!

Want a review of our channel. Looking at design, content, anything you can think of. We are very low on the totem pole of YouTube but that isn't a bother to us. We just drink beer, play games, and hit record. Thanks to anyone that gives us a look! If anything needs improvement give me a post. I want honest opinions please!
the audio commentary is a little loud imo. I have my speakers maxed and it kind of shook my desk lmao. maybe turn it down a couple of decibels. try to use end screens too! gets you more views plus better odds to get a sub.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wondabah bro. That is awesome advice ha. That's the kind of honesty Im looking for. I appreciate the feedback. Im going to try and edit a video just like that and see what I come up with. Again thank you for taking a look! :)
You got it, man! ;) Hope to see you guys get real big someday!

Always Sunbros

Reaction score
the audio commentary is a little loud imo. I have my speakers maxed and it kind of shook my desk lmao. maybe turn it down a couple of decibels. try to use end screens too! gets you more views plus better odds to get a sub.
Alright ha I'll have Brian "the editor" turn it down a bit ha. End screens as in the end card where it says next video subscribe etc.?