My Youtube Videos Take A Long Time To Upload

Yvelinaa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Use these settings for handbrake: For video tab the video codec shouls be H.264 with the constant quality set to 23 with variable frame rates along with in the audio tab using the MP3 codec at a bitrate of 192 with none for the mixdown... Then compare the original video and encoded videos file size and it'll be lower allowing a faster upload also having a nice upload speed would be beneficial (uploads take around 3hours max... before it was like a day or more)

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately i do not know how to just yet, i have handbrake just tried it out and it didn't work :l
I wouldn't like to advertise any softwares here. I don't know any free ones that you could experiment with anyways.

Skullzrulerz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Use these settings for handbrake: For video tab the video codec shouls be H.264 with the constant quality set to 23 with variable frame rates along with in the audio tab using the MP3 codec at a bitrate of 192 with none for the mixdown... Then compare the original video and encoded videos file size and it'll be lower allowing a faster upload also having a nice upload speed would be beneficial (uploads take around 3hours max... before it was like a day or more)
Just tried it out on my 6.6GB video and got to around 1.5GB and it doesn't look like the video or audio has changed in anyway. But the video will take around 30mins mind you i have two uploads at the same time going on mind you.

Is there anything else that i could change on the settings?

Yvelinaa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can make the constant quality lower but keep in mind that 18-20 is SD and 20-23 is HD (according to the software but me, personally thinks it's 21-23) so reduce the constant quality to 21.... In an unrelated topic your channel has this in the description: " I'm a 16 Year Old Boy with Special Needs ( autism ) that loves games and putting a great time making youtube videos "... Please don't say "Special Needs"... Ever, and yes this is comming from another person (me) who as Highly Functional Autism that is a PERSONALITY disorder.

Last edited:

ThreeProng

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just tried it out on my 6.6GB video and got to around 1.5GB and it doesn't look like the video or audio has changed in anyway. But the video will take around 30mins mind you i have two uploads at the same time going on mind you.

Is there anything else that i could change on the settings?

Also when rendering with handbrake select the box that says "web optimized", it helps. Also setting constant quality to 20 ( the default ) works almost exactly as well as setting it to omething like 20-24 but has a slightly reduced file size so i'd recommend that. Should really only change it if you're setting it 25 or higher.

lean ambrose

Reaction score
I would say maybe your internet most of my videos take anywhere from an hour in a half to two hours.

vezhi4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm new, but what I do is I decompress my video files. It lowers the quality, but since I have bad internet, it uploads WAY faster. For example; If I had a file that was 750mb, I would decompress it to 100mb or lower. Hope this helps. xD

Jeeves

The best way to predict the future is to CREATE it
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Might just be your computer dude. Would definetly recommend an i5 processor or higher.