My computer can't handle it! Advice needed

Orangeguy587

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all!
1. I would just like to say is that this is my first thread. yay! Hopefully I will do more and become bigger on YouTube
2. My problem is that my computer can't handle big games like Minecraft, Portal, or most bigger downloadable games. I can still do reaction videos and stuff like that, but I want to keep doing games.

What sort of browser based / light download games can anyone recommend? or what other kinds of videos (Other than reactions and do not laugh challenges) can I do for my channel that would be entertaining? I have little money and not much in terms of other equipment.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

jordanleech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi mate, have you tried working off a external harddrive, not sure how it works with gaming but my Mac was struggling with Final Cut Pro so I moved it all onto an external harddrive and now it works perfectly!

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It should be a bit of a no brainer but you might want to consider upgrading.

Orangeguy587

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It should be a bit of a no brainer but you might want to consider upgrading.
I know it is and believe me I am, but It's going to be a while bc I am going to build my own PC. I still need videos to put on my channel though. Any suggestions?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What kind of specs does your computer have?
One of the things I use to do when my computer couldn't handle more powerful things was to play older games from emulators. Cause the choices there are pretty limitless depending on what types of games you like.

For Indie games I'd recommend Five Nights at Freddies for horror and Overcooked for multiplayer. Again...depending on whether or not your computer could handle it.

Orangeguy587

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi mate, have you tried working off a external harddrive, not sure how it works with gaming but my Mac was struggling with Final Cut Pro so I moved it all onto an external harddrive and now it works perfectly!
That might work, but I don't know how well it would do with games.[DOUBLEPOST=1499632619,1499632460][/DOUBLEPOST]
What kind of specs does your computer have?
One of the things I use to do when my computer couldn't handle more powerful things was to play older games from emulators. Cause the choices there are pretty limitless depending on what types of games you like.

For Indie games I'd recommend Five Nights at Freddies for horror and Overcooked for multiplayer. Again...depending on whether or not your computer could handle it.
My computer is supposed to be a gaming laptop, but one day it crashed badly. I coulnd't save all of my files.
The computer repair guy says I "overclocked my computer wrong" (even though I never knowingly did) so now it has a hard time with things. It can't even handle steam anymore!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Happy Wheels should be possible, since it's a browser game.

Jes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm having this problem right now my laptop is not powerful enough to handle even simple game and record at the same time. What I do to record my gameplay is I play on my Xbox steam to mixer and then I download the video then I convert the video to make sure it has a constant Frame rate then I can edit it and upload to yt it's a process but it works and it's all I got until I can afford my custom built pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk