Omg I heard best reviews from the Blue Yeti, Audio Tech AT2020 and Audio Tech ATR2500, I cannot decide which to get for gaming commentaries!!?!! someone help me?? What do you guys think?

I'm looking for recommendations for clip-on microphones, like you see news anchors and talk show hosts wearing, budget around $200 although I'd need two so I guess my budget is $100 apiece. Any suggestions? A cordless option would be great or it can be wired to a box beneath the actors who are seated.

I'd like to recommend Rode NT5. It's a fantastic condenser mic that can pick up basically anything, I've tried it for speech, singing, guitar, percussion and more and I haven't found anything that it doesn't suit well for.

It works better at a distance than really close. I wouldn't sing 5 cm (2 inches) away from it, but rather 10-15 cm. If you're interviewing someone it should just be a matter of placing the mic between you since it isn't very directional.

I'm not sure, but I think you can only get them in pairs, which might be a downside if you only need one.
rodent5.jpg

One thing I don't understand though ... Do you really need to be close to atr 2100 to make it sound good ? cause in some videos it seemed awesome ... but in others it was like a simple laptop mic :(

One thing I don't understand though ... Do you really need to be close to atr 2100 to make it sound good ? cause in some videos it seemed awesome ... but in others it was like a simple laptop mic :(

The further away from a mic you are, the more you introduce room noise into the recording. This is true of all mics save for shotgun mics.

Back