Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator

KrazyGamer

Reaction score
Omg I heard best reviews from the Blue Yeti, Audio Tech AT2020 and Audio Tech ATR2500, I cannot decide which to get for gaming commentaries!!?!! someone help me?? What do you guys think?

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm looking for recommendations for clip-on microphones, like you see news anchors and talk show hosts wearing, budget around $200 although I'd need two so I guess my budget is $100 apiece. Any suggestions? A cordless option would be great or it can be wired to a box beneath the actors who are seated.

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer
Omg I heard best reviews from the Blue Yeti, Audio Tech AT2020 and Audio Tech ATR2500, I cannot decide which to get for gaming commentaries!!?!! someone help me?? What do you guys think?
Sorry for the late reply. I would say the 2500 is fine.

BattleOfTheVideos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any mic that just doesnt have a buzzing sound, consistently buzzing in your audio LOL

Lime Cake Music

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'd like to recommend Rode NT5. It's a fantastic condenser mic that can pick up basically anything, I've tried it for speech, singing, guitar, percussion and more and I haven't found anything that it doesn't suit well for.

It works better at a distance than really close. I wouldn't sing 5 cm (2 inches) away from it, but rather 10-15 cm. If you're interviewing someone it should just be a matter of placing the mic between you since it isn't very directional.

I'm not sure, but I think you can only get them in pairs, which might be a downside if you only need one.
rodent5.jpg

Levels

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One thing I don't understand though ... Do you really need to be close to atr 2100 to make it sound good ? cause in some videos it seemed awesome ... but in others it was like a simple laptop mic :(

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand though ... Do you really need to be close to atr 2100 to make it sound good ? cause in some videos it seemed awesome ... but in others it was like a simple laptop mic :(

The further away from a mic you are, the more you introduce room noise into the recording. This is true of all mics save for shotgun mics.