Microphone

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
HELLO AGAIN,

Sorry for spamming posts I just have a couple of different topics haha. I've just ordered a new headset and I'm just wondering whether people have opinions on whether its best to use an actual microphone or would the microphone on the Logitech G430 have an alright audio input?

If not I'm going to invest in the blue snowball microphone in the future, anyone have any opinions on that microphone?

Thanks again!

QP

H2OWarhawk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The route i personally utilize is always have a gaming headset for everything (PC, Console) also have a microphone too. like my set up. i have an Xbox headset, i have a PC gaming headset (both with mics of course) then i have a headset without a mic on it, thats where my stand alone mic comes into play (Blue Snowball mic) theres always a need for both, Snowballs are better at picking up commentary for long speeches (imo) and headsets are better for actual gaming cuz they dont exactly pick up mouse clicks and out side spontaneous noises. also depends on the quality of the headset too.

(snowball mic is fantastic, recommended.)

Reactions: Quirkypoo

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Ah great! I tend to do commentary whilst playing games so I'll most likely be using my headset mainly.

Thanks for the advice!

LukussJA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey i use a headset for all my sound. i think it makes you more immersed to the game as the sound is in your ear, I will keep the mic muted on my headset though as i dont want it to pick up my voice. I use the Blue Snowball mic but have found i was keeping it to close to my PS4 so was picking up my fan now and then, but i have found a way around this ;) one move my mic... (kinda obvious) further away and removing noise in an editing software. For the price and good quality i would recommend the blue snowball or yeti unless you want to be spending a lot

H2OWarhawk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
before u ask, the editing software hes talking about to remove unwanted sounds. its what we would call a wave editor. the best one most youtubers use is Audacity, its free, its fantastic, and well worth it for your future vids. (that is if u dont already know about it)

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm just going to use my headset mic for the time being but eventually I'll be getting the blue snowball. Everyone I've spoke to about it seems to say that's the one to go for!! Yeah i use audacity to record my voice so I can adjust the sound levels on my video editing software. Do either of you use OBS studios? I was wondering whether it wasn't possible to record input and output sounds separately directly from that?

Thanks a lot for your help!

QP

LukussJA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys! I'm just going to use my headset mic for the time being but eventually I'll be getting the blue snowball. Everyone I've spoke to about it seems to say that's the one to go for!! Yeah i use audacity to record my voice so I can adjust the sound levels on my video editing software. Do either of you use OBS studios? I was wondering whether it wasn't possible to record input and output sounds separately directly from that?

Thanks a lot for your help!

QP
Hey i use my elgato capture card. So i cant help with this one. on the capture card i can render out separate audio files :)

H2OWarhawk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use OBS if im recording from my PC, i have never seen a way to record your commentary separately tho im sure there are ways around it. like using Audacity while running OBS, just turn the Commentary off for OBS. but now trying to get the commentary to sync comes in not as a problem or challenge if u know exactly when u started your recording. lol

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Yeah I just just tend to record them using audacity and OBS at the moment. Syncing them up isn't so hard, you just clap at the start and then turn off commentary on OBS and you're away haha.

Reactions: H2OWarhawk