Microphone recommendation please ( for gameplays & vloggish videos )

Audio

• USB Microphone

• Camera Microphone + Gaming Headset

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.

nekonekomomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys! this is actually my first thread post (except for the introduction thread) and I just want to ask your opinion about microphones.

I'll be posting gameplays, hauls, unboxing, and other vloggish videos on my channel. I've posted 3 vids so far but I'm just not contented of the audio quality specially with my recent video where I get to introduce myself for the first time because I only used my iPod touch 5th gen for recording the audio. I've been thinking of buying a microphone for quite a while now but I just don't know what to get XD

I'm stuck in making the decision of whether I should buy a USB condenser microphone or a camera microphone and a gaming headset with a good microphone. With the condenser microphone I would get to use it on my gameplays and maybe I can also use it on my vlog vids, recording the audio on my mac while recording the video at the same time. Then I also have the option of buying a camera microphone for my haul/unboxing/vlog PLUS a gaming headset with a good quality mic ( I'm thinking of the Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma in which I've heard is one of the headsets with goos quality mic at the market as of now. ). And the idea of a new headset now is good because I've been using my Urbanears Plattan for 2 years now (for gaming, music, etc) and the quality just wears of for me hahaha

So in short, I want an audio tool that will be worth the quality that I will be able to use on my gameplays, unboxings, vlogs etc vids. ( USB condenser mic OR Camera Microphone + Gaming headset with good mic )

Any thoughts about this guys? Also, please recommend microphone models. Replies are very much appreciated! <3

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
( I'm thinking of the Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma in which I've heard is one of the headsets with goos quality mic at the market as of now.)
Had Razer Kraken 7.1 (pre-chroma) and its mic was good BUT when I compared my video recorded with that mic vs another video recorded with AT2020 usb+, there was stunning difference (on headset it seemed to muffle my voice a bit and I sounded differently than I do in real life).

So if you can, go for some condenser (USB) mic :) Maybe for your needs would be Blue Yeti perfect (different patterns to record with)

Reactions: nekonekomomo

SonicR360

I've Got It
Reaction score
I got the Logitech C920 and the audio is "OK" - But I have been using a Yeti, and I use this for all my videos now. Just feels more of a "Bass" in my view. Your welcome to check out some of my videos to get an idea if it helps. I also own a Zoom H1 and that is quite good as well (Got from Amazon!)

chaas5010

Reaction score
First audacity is a free program you can use to make your audio sound percent better I have a blue snowball ice, less then 50$ works great and I also have a turtlebeach 500 s wireless for gaming hth

nekonekomomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Had Razer Kraken 7.1 (pre-chroma) and its mic was good BUT when I compared my video recorded with that mic vs another video recorded with AT2020 usb+, there was stunning difference (on headset it seemed to muffle my voice a bit and I sounded differently than I do in real life).

So if you can, go for some condenser (USB) mic :) Maybe for your needs would be Blue Yeti perfect (different patterns to record with)
Hi! I've decided on the USB condenser haha. Do you think Razer Seiren is any good? Or should I stick to the Blue Yeti? My first choice for the condenser is Audio Technica's at2020 but it's so expensive :(

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi! I've decided on the USB condenser haha. Do you think Razer Seiren is any good? Or should I stick to the Blue Yeti? My first choice for the condenser is Audio Technica's at2020 but it's so expensive :(
Here is LinusTechTips video review, where they compared Rode NT-USB vs Blue Yeti vs Rayer Seiren :) I personally think Blue Yeti is better option out of two you are considering ;)
Youtube - watch?v=C9DRNL4yxAI

nekonekomomo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys! Thanks for all your answers. I decided to get myself a USB mic yehey~

I got the Razer Seiren

[Edited by Staff]

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicR360

I've Got It