May I Get Some Help With A Tag Issue

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've done my keyword research and everything, used the best tags possible and my videos do not even rank. I find Minecraft videos searching for Bloodborne before I see my videos. Checked all the pages for results and nothing. If you can give me some advice for this that would be great. Thanks.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it's been over two days and it's still not there then I don't know.

What I can say is that before I even hit 100 subscribers I could never find my videos but now that i'm at 600+ a few of them pop up from time to time and even is recommended on other peoples videos.

Brandon Nankivell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So I've done my keyword research and everything, used the best tags possible and my videos do not even rank. I find Minecraft videos searching for Bloodborne before I see my videos. Checked all the pages for results and nothing. If you can give me some advice for this that would be great. Thanks.
Hey brother,

I've checked out your Bloodborne videos and had a good look at what keywords you've used and how you've attempted to optimize them in your title, description, and tags. I can see that your target keyword is 'Bloodborne' because it's the first word in your title, first word in your tags, and it shows up 3 times in your description. This is a great start.

The reason you aren't showing up in search results is because this keyword is highly competitive. Notice that when you search 'Bloodborne', many popular Bloordborne videos show up by big names including Gamespot, IGN, and even the almighty PewDiePie! As a small channel, you'll have a hard time competing for rankings for this keyword.

You've included other Bloodborne related tags like 'bloodborne walkthrough' and 'bloodborne let's play'. To rank for these, it'll help if you include these in your description as well. Nonetheless, these are pretty competitive tags. Bigger channels show up. If you type in 'bloodborne walkthrough' you'll notice that YouTube comes up with 10 auto-suggestions. Also the more auto-suggestions that show up, the more competitive the keyword. The search terms at the bottom of the list are less competitive, so these are the keywords I'd be focusing on if I were you. If none of them seem relevant to your video, then try typing in another keyword and repeating the process.

Once you've found a few less-competitive keywords, re-optimize your title. It's handy if you can get two keywords in one title. If not, just focus on nailing one that doesn't have too much competition.

Hope this helps!
-Brandon

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it's been over two days and it's still not there then I don't know.

What I can say is that before I even hit 100 subscribers I could never find my videos but now that i'm at 600+ a few of them pop up from time to time and even is recommended on other peoples videos.
True. I have always thought that was a trend.[DOUBLEPOST=1460978900,1460978756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey brother,

I've checked out your Bloodborne videos and had a good look at what keywords you've used and how you've attempted to optimize them in your title, description, and tags. I can see that your target keyword is 'Bloodborne' because it's the first word in your title, first word in your tags, and it shows up 3 times in your description. This is a great start.

Thanks. I had read a thread that said open with the game name then your other tags. Guess that was wrong. Very helpful info that I will be sure to put to use.

Also, thinking of getting a new bo3 to record since my cousin sold ours. Maybe some class tips can get me on the radar.

The reason you aren't showing up in search results is because this keyword is highly competitive. Notice that when you search 'Bloodborne', many popular Bloordborne videos show up by big names including Gamespot, IGN, and even the almighty PewDiePie! As a small channel, you'll have a hard time competing for rankings for this keyword.

You've included other Bloodborne related tags like 'bloodborne walkthrough' and 'bloodborne let's play'. To rank for these, it'll help if you include these in your description as well. Nonetheless, these are pretty competitive tags. Bigger channels show up. If you type in 'bloodborne walkthrough' you'll notice that YouTube comes up with 10 auto-suggestions. Also the more auto-suggestions that show up, the more competitive the keyword. The search terms at the bottom of the list are less competitive, so these are the keywords I'd be focusing on if I were you. If none of them seem relevant to your video, then try typing in another keyword and repeating the process.

Once you've found a few less-competitive keywords, re-optimize your title. It's handy if you can get two keywords in one title. If not, just focus on nailing one that doesn't have too much competition.

Hope this helps!
-Brandon

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You're playing a game that is oversaturated.

I mean, I clicked to see what was filling up the first page of the tag for "bloodborne let's play part 26"...since that is a pretty specific tag...and you know what? I found that there are so many bloodborne let's plays that youtube can fill up the entire 1st page of search with part 26s of various let's plays. (Your video does appear on the first page for this specific tag, but the challenge becomes: why would someone watch yours over the others?)

I would say one concern is that your description doesn't reinforce your chosen tags. So you have quite a bit written in the description, but you never reinforce the title in the description (you never mention that it's part 26, never even mention that it's a playthrough/let's play, etc.,) You reinforce your channel name a lot in your description, but this is strange -- do you think that people are primarily searching for your name? If not, then why reinforce that tag so often but not the name of the game, the name of the let's play, etc.,

I'd say you're not going to rank for "bloodborne" on its own. So just mentioning and reinforcing that word in your description probably won't help. You might want to target phrases like "Bloodborne let's play" or "bloodborne walkthrough", but as I mentioned before, this is super saturated. It's going to be a very tough battle.

UGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would recommend playing games that are newly released, or playing games such as indie games. At the moment none of us really know how the youtube search engine really works. I have had videos on the top of the search with keywords that beat high subscribed members such as Pewdiepie and other times I can barley get some views. Just keep trying different games and different methods until you find one that right one.

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't see why Minecraft of all things is showing up for Bloodborne, but... I think it's because from the start you have to have a higher audience retention rate and depending on that it's how YouTube will decide to rank your videos. That's why if you're looking at about 25 subs then it may be hard to rank up your video. Once I got to at least 100 it was easier on me since my subscribers were viewing the videos.

Reactions: YourKingSkeletor

YourKingSkeletor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're playing a game that is oversaturated.

I mean, I clicked to see what was filling up the first page of the tag for "bloodborne let's play part 26"...since that is a pretty specific tag...and you know what? I found that there are so many bloodborne let's plays that youtube can fill up the entire 1st page of search with part 26s of various let's plays. (Your video does appear on the first page for this specific tag, but the challenge becomes: why would someone watch yours over the others?)

I would say one concern is that your description doesn't reinforce your chosen tags. So you have quite a bit written in the description, but you never reinforce the title in the description (you never mention that it's part 26, never even mention that it's a playthrough/let's play, etc.,) You reinforce your channel name a lot in your description, but this is strange -- do you think that people are primarily searching for your name? If not, then why reinforce that tag so often but not the name of the game, the name of the let's play, etc.,

I'd say you're not going to rank for "bloodborne" on its own. So just mentioning and reinforcing that word in your description probably won't help. You might want to target phrases like "Bloodborne let's play" or "bloodborne walkthrough", but as I mentioned before, this is super saturated. It's going to be a very tough battle.
Thanks for the tips.Also, reason it is showing now is probably due to a few slight changes I made to the tags.[DOUBLEPOST=1461096528,1461096457][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't see why Minecraft of all things is showing up for Bloodborne, but... I think it's because from the start you have to have a higher audience retention rate and depending on that it's how YouTube will decide to rank your videos. That's why if you're looking at about 25 subs then it may be hard to rank up your video. Once I got to at least 100 it was easier on me since my subscribers were viewing the videos.
So there is truth to the 100 sub rule. Also, IDK why I've seen Minecraft in the results to but YouTube logic.[DOUBLEPOST=1461096582][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would recommend playing games that are newly released, or playing games such as indie games. At the moment none of us really know how the youtube search engine really works. I have had videos on the top of the search with keywords that beat high subscribed members such as Pewdiepie and other times I can barley get some views. Just keep trying different games and different methods until you find one that right one.
Issue with the trying new games idea, I'm poor. Lol