Massive drop in views on kid channels

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey guys, so i began/started a new youtube channel at the start of the year which was intended to be about myself doing things/sharing new experiences with my 2 kid (aged 2 & 5) but all this stuff about COPPA has got me thinking whether i should continue to upload videos? clearly as someone who is just starting i am learning as i go along but i know some of my videos will be 'for kids' and others wont but the affects that will have on my channel growth i don't know.
can anyone share some experiences they have had similar to this or am i worrying about something to early.
Hi, I've merged your thread with this one because this thread is discussing the effect of COPPA on kids channels. :)

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I guess YouTube themselves are not interested. FTC didn’t even make them do it.

From the meeting a day ago

But Angela Campbell, a law professor at Georgetown University, made clear that it was not the FTC that called for YouTube comments or playlists to be turned off -- it was YouTube

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
yt keeps telling me that being in yt kid app and in suggested have nothing to do with each other. I think there is a connection. They only suggest kid videos that are in yt kids app

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I apologise if this has already been posted / mentioned, but I think it's important:

YouTube has announced that in addition to disabling targeted advertising on videos apparently intended for children, it will disable comments, live chat, subscriber notifications, Stories, and the ‘Save to Playlist’ function on all channels making content for kids.

Full article:

I think that it is inevitable that kid's content will be moved exclusively to YT Kids. Kid content creators do not want to do this, so they are making things uncomfortable on YT main to encourage them to make the move themselves. I expect them to sweeten up YT kids as well to encourage this jump.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think that it is inevitable that kid's content will be moved exclusively to YT Kids. Kid content creators do not want to do this, so they are making things uncomfortable on YT main to encourage them to make the move themselves. I expect them to sweeten up YT kids as well to encourage this jump.
You can't choose to be on the kids app. Youtube controls it.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I think yt got a good chance to nuke lots of kid channels and stop new ones from forming that's why comments and end screens disappeared and retention time requirements are now a lot higher so only good content is left

It feels like they are leaving big companies that have other monetary sources to keep creating content

Last edited:

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It feels like they are leaving big companies that have other monetary sources to keep creating content
Isn't that always the way it is. Whenever the lower classes begin to lift their heads out of the dust, the upper class finds a way to push them down again, and make up some silly excuse lie, "We are protecting the kids!". Protecting them from WHAT! Please! Someone intelligent tell me what horrible DANGER this is protecting kids from. If you really want to protect children, how about outlawing MURDERING them before they are BORN! Yeah! Nobody can intelligently argue that they care about children in a country that promotes the genocidal murder of 60 million of them. Buch of idiot, hypocritical, narcissistic, bureaucrats and social agenda pushers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Duby and Noman24