Making comments is a spam?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi, i just want to know if you comment a lot to your friends channels will it make you a spammer? The comments are not copy pasted it is always different from other comments i make.

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's only if you've had multiple comments reported as spam or post actual spam (links, ASCII, etc) that Youtube will make your comments invisible and put them in the "Likely Spam" folder. If it does happen then you'll notice that whenever you make a post on that person's channel it won't be visible until they approve the comment.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
hi, i just want to know if you comment a lot to your friends channels will it make you a spammer? The comments are not copy pasted it is always different from other comments i make.
The youtube algorithm automically looks for copy paste and spammed links
Your comments are just nice :)

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No you will be able to comment as much as you want but it will only become spam if you attach links or some keywords come under the spam bracket.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see. Thanks guys. Though i tried one time to make a comment in my husbands music channel typed it and just a short one but i noticed it didn't went through. We checked it on his channel and my comment went to the likely soam and need to be approved. That comment is not a copy paste or repeated. How come it went to the spam folder? Is my channel already marked as spammer? Is there a way to resolve this?

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Was that the only time it happened? If it was then it was probably a hiccup on the anti-spam system. If it happens often then my guess is that you were probably labeled as a spam account by the system just because you commented a lot. Were that the case then I'm not sure how to fix that, would try getting a hold of support.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it is happening most if the time. But sometimes in a few channels my comments are getting through right away. I already sent an inquiry to the youtube support but they did not reply. Should i stop making comments to my friends channels to avoid this?

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sure if that helps to be honest. One thing I did find is that you can have your friends make you an approved user so that your comments will always show up. They can do this by going to one of your comments on the their Community tab, clicking on the flag next to a comment and then selecting "Always approve comments from this user." I don't know how to help you get unmarked as a spam account, if that's what Youtube has done, but at least this should help a bit.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the tip. But that is unfair if there is no way that youtube can double check if you are really a spammer

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea it's pretty bad. Seems like it's been like that for a while too.