Maker Studios extremly low payment!

Hello everyone

My channel is partnered with Maker Studios for 70/30 split.

In 2013 and 2014 my payments have been always ranged from 80 cent to 1,50$ per thousands views. In the beginning of 2015 I was really busy and I stopped uploading new videos. In August 2015 I decided to start uploading videos again and my channel made 52,469 videos views in that month. Maker Studios sent me 35,03$, which means approximately 60 cent per 1000 views. And recently I have received the payment for September from them I was literally shocked. My channel reached 302,951 video views in September and I recieved 49,54$, which means approximately 15 cent per 1000 views!!!

According to Google analytics my videos have been mostly viewed in Russia, Germany, United States, United Kingdom and Italy (In September 2015). USA, Germany and UK are TOP 10 countries with highest CPM ranking.

I also tried to contact support but I only keep getting copy and paste answers to my support tickets.

Is there anything I could do?

Thank you

Last edited:
CPM has been dropping for most channels over the past few years.

If you're that concerned, when does your contract end?

@fifagaming I am also a member of Maker. Remember that when you are in any network, your earnings will be double-dipped. First YouTube takes its share, then Maker takes its share, and you get the leavings. Also not every view will be monetized; and non-monetized views make money for no one; not YouTube, not Maker and not yourself.

I suggest you go into your Dashboard's Analytics section, take your total view count, your monetized view count and find an online percentage calculator. This will give you a clearer picture of why your earnings are so small. Also, the earnings you see in the Dashboard are Estimated Earnings only, and may change at payout time.

Please take all factors into account before you blame the network.

Back