Looking for Feedback on Our Style of Comedy

Jake Roman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

We are looking for some perspective on our comedy and whether or not our jokes are reading well on the youtube platform right now! Let us know if you think the video below moves too fast/slow, is easy enough to understand, and anything else you might pick up on that I could be missing. We are brand new so we are trying to get a broad understanding of what videos like this one are looking like to others. Our videos are getting decent view counts and high like ratios but we are having a bit of trouble with subscriber conversions. Any advice or input on this is appreciated!

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I stopped the video at just over a minute. It was too slow to keep watching. Skipped around a bit... Was he applying for a job... was he being reprimanded at "Deities Inc."?... Was this a school project at "Deities U"? Some indication could have (should have?) been used in your set. "Deity U" posters or "God" wearing a "Deity U" t-shirt. The idea of the skit is funny, but the execution was wrought with weak dialog and an ending that barely made sense "The Bible is not a good project"... "People are killing each other over your book"... "Long live the new born king"... underwhelming for a 5:30 minute long video.

My suggestions... 1. shorten the videos up... Don't talk faster, just eliminating repetitive dialog and unnecessary pauses will make the videos more enjoyable to watch. And 2. Invest in a better mic... The sound is hollow, tinny and distorts quickly at higher vocal levels.

Watched your other sketches... you guys have a good thing started... but just like even a high dollar sitcom when it first starts, it's going to take time before everyone gels together well. In the meantime... totally subscribing.