Looking for Feedback on our latest video

Danny Petsis

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a toy and video game unboxing and review channel and recently decided to do a giveaway but for a Charity Event called the Gutsy Walk which raises money in Canada for Crohn's and Colitis. We haven't been as successful so far as our first Giveaway which was a straight subscribe to enter for a free item.

Is the Giveaway too complicated? Is it maybe because this giveaway is now based on a donation bases?

Any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny Petsis
Kouli Kollector

Kieran Boniface

Reaction score
Great video. On a personal note, I have Crohn's disease, had a resection in September and doing really well. I have interestingly started my own youtube channel based on photography which I started professionally because of Crohn's, I guess I was fed up of ringing in sick lol.

I would say the only critique of your already good video is audio and background. It sounds a little echoey and the background is a little distracting. Your content is great and the giveaway is really good. Proud of your courage and I pray that things will improve :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Danny Petsis

Danny Petsis

Reaction score
Great video. On a personal note, I have Crohn's disease, had a resection in September and doing really well. I have interestingly started my own youtube channel based on photography which I started professionally because of Crohn's, I guess I was fed up of ringing in sick lol.

I would say the only critique of your already good video is audio and background. It sounds a little echoey and the background is a little distracting. Your content is great and the giveaway is really good. Proud of your courage and I pray that things will improve :D
Thanks very much for your kind words and constructive criticism. We will work on our audio and get a plain background.

On a personal note - My uncle suffered from Colitis for 25 years and it eventually led to Cancer. We lost him last August. It was the most tragic thing our family faced and it was so heartbreaking to see him suffer for so long and until the very end he always wanted us to have love and courage and strength for everyone around us. We are trying to do what we can so we raise money for others affected by these diseases and hopefully make changes to other families.

Thank you for responding to me and I wish you nothing but good health and happiness in your future with photography and everything else.

thanks,

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
first of all, the backdrop and lighting of the video could be a little improved, as could the camera angle as it feels very forced.

in terms of the giveaway, i was a little confused as the entry requirements. i thought that we, as viewers would have to raise the money, and then the loser viewer would get ice bucket'd, but it was said that one of you two does. your wording could have been better there. the giveaway entry was simple enough, after it was explained further, but the 'who can raise the most' few sentences before hand were confusing. over all, though, it was a solid video, and any misconceptions i did have were erased later on, so it worked as a form of communication.

it's a great cause you're sponsoring! good luck!

Reactions: Danny Petsis

Danny Petsis

Reaction score
first of all, the backdrop and lighting of the video could be a little improved, as could the camera angle as it feels very forced.

in terms of the giveaway, i was a little confused as the entry requirements. i thought that we, as viewers would have to raise the money, and then the loser viewer would get ice bucket'd, but it was said that one of you two does. your wording could have been better there. the giveaway entry was simple enough, after it was explained further, but the 'who can raise the most' few sentences before hand were confusing. over all, though, it was a solid video, and any misconceptions i did have were erased later on, so it worked as a form of communication.

it's a great cause you're sponsoring! good luck!
Thank you for the great feedback! Glad it was understood more as you finished the video.

We hope this is a successful charity event.

Thanks,

Danny Petsis