Looking For a Wireless Microphone Recommendation - Canon T5i Rebel DSLR

Paleus

Reaction score
We're looking for a recommendation on which wireless microphone to use with our Canon T5i Rebel.

What are you shooting?
We're looking to do a video course on the economic analysis of bitcoin. For this, I would need the wireless freedom to move around a whiteboard. It is aiming to be high quality, educational content in video form.

What's your price range?
I'm relatively insensitive to price. I'd like to use this microphone for 2 - 5 years. Performance is important. Saving money is nice.

What else do you use the camera for?
We are planning on using the camera for live streaming video presentations through our YouTube channel as well (not even sure if this is possible with a DSLR camera). I have no idea how a live stream attachment would work in conjunction with a wireless microphone as there is only one mount on the top of the camera.

What are you using right now?
We are using a wired Sony ECM-C115 Condenser Microphone. It works well, but restricts movement range. It is also not compatible (or so I've been told) with wireless setups as it is Mono audio only. (not exactly sure how Mono/Stereo audio works).

If you have any additional questions, leave them in the comments below.

Thank you for your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Quagdarr

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
sounds like you want a lavalier mic, you will need to make sure you clap to help sync sound later in post, If you want a shotgun style mic, the Rode VideoMic Pro...but loses volume at set ranges. Cheap lav mics?? Hmm...investigate but I have a Rode Lav Mic, plugs into my iPhone, sit sin my pockets. Rode has an app to record, then I send files to dropbox to retrieve later. Again, make sure to slate everything to save time afterwards to sync audio.

Can't post links....stupid, but here.
Rode Smartlav Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones