• Toys

• Kid vlogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have two toddlers a boy & girl and recently started toy channels for boys toys & girls toys. I realized it's much easier to maintain one account as a beginner YouTuber with my daily life schedule working full-time.
I
'm interested in focusing on our channel -kid vlogs rather than toys channels at the moment because let's face it kids toys are pricey! I see an interest in kids reality of daily lives a lot lately and I do enjoy watching fun family videos too. Since I'm an outdoors mom, it's our normal to visit different kids places and I think this will be enjoyable for our viewers to upload more content. Also, our family night out video (Chuckie E Cheese) is doing the best on our channel.

Plus we are a bit out the normal with crazy kids! Of course toys will be included and I love the idea of vlogging the kids fun moments..

Has anyone tried something new and if so how did it work out?

Reactions: CelyD87

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this might be a good idea! There are many successful family vlogs channel but they are mainly the point of view and focus of an adult. I only know few successful vlog channel that focus on kids such Family Fun Pack and Funnel Vison because there aren't many out there! So there might be less competition in that area and kids love to know what other kids are doing besides playing with toys. My vlog type videos do just as well as toys videos most of the time. The only problem is your channel might grow slower due to the fact that you will need to build up a fan base for people to start caring about your daily life! So taking your kids to outdoor/indoor fun places would be a very good start! Good luck!

Reactions: Derrick Toys

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks! I started purchasing the "hottest toys" and it's costing a fortune! :X I'm sure you know what I'm talking about lol Having only one channel to focus on is much better idea than two channels starting out.. its A LOT of work behind the scenes. Toys are apart of our lives everyday so I would include them but geez unless they were given to me I couldn't see myself spending hundreds on toys a week for two kids :)

I created Kid Vlogs channel to target all kids for example we are going to Disney today and Im torn which channel to upload our adventures on so it's like just create one for all kids to relate. Like my husband says I need to stop procrastinating and just upload lol

I took time to think about what you said of the negative feedback from having a toy based channel and wanting to build your family based channel. This makes a lot of sense and may even be cheaper too LOL. Ofcourse, toy reviews are an excellent opening gate but also a bigger target for being judged and I get that. Not everyone knows all the work that goes on behind the scenes. Now I have two toddlers that love every toy in the world -dollar store, pots and pans you name it, but it's fun to also see kids having a great time at play areas so I'm just going to focus on that. Our lives at home isn't that entertaining like Family Fun Pack so I was thinking more outdoors.

So glad I'm able to vent this with you given your experience you know the struggles but managed to figure it out and that's what I'm doing talking about it. Let's face it not many people have a clue what we are talking about - my friends have no idea when I try to ask about their kids interests for YT ideas LOL

Reactions: Ryan ToysReview

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im glad you decided to go with one channel instead of two. It could be done, but you'll be stretching yourself out considering you're also working outside of YouTube! Yea toys cost so much and it really is a lot of work setting it up/filming! So many people outside of YouTube thinks it's so easy just playing with toys and recording, but for 1-2 hours of footage, you actually only get only 5-10mins of fun playtime after edit! Also working with kids is not as easy as it sounds lol..don't get me wrong,it's a lot of fun getting to play with toys (makes me feel like a kid again!) but I'm sure the more kids you have , the harder it gets considering they would agrue with each other from time to time!

Outdoors/indoor play areas are good! It's fun seeing other kids have fun! Yea it's hard finding people that you can talk too about YouTube in real life! I'm still stuggling trying to explain to people what I do! Lol good luck and yea upload another video soon! On my family vlog, the views would go up after I upload but drop hard after 2 days of inactivity for the past four videos, that shows you need to keep feeding YouTube videos consistently in order to keep the views!

Reactions: Derrick Toys

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So true about feeling like a kid again! Probably one of the reasons I really got into it as we all know happy kids is a happy life! lol Filming with two toddlers is a challenge of it's own for sure! Many times they had tantrums over wanting to play with the same toys or who gets to hold what .. I mean it's real life unscripted and raw.. kids don't hold back their emotions when they're happy they show it when they're mad they show that too. Which I think makes some channels more successful than others. In every video Ryan has a smile from ear to ear you can see he genuinely likes filming and my kids too or ofcourse we wouldn't do it. One important tip for parents filming I've learned is to have everything ready in advance or it could be a parent trap! Like for our surprise toys video I assumed they would help me hide the surprise eggs in yard.. NOPE that didn't go as planned ALL the eggs were opened before I could even turn the camera on Lol

This is all a learning experience as kids do what they want. There is no direction or scripts which makes kids videos even more exciting to watch because you'll never know what's going to happen next! Vlog videos are much easier with two kids, it avoids the fights over toys :)

We are currently at Disney (AMAZING!) This will be our first upload and I think a great start. Totally agree the algo is hungry and have to upload often. Though, sometimes when youre starting out you expect to get high views/ results then all the hard work is questioned and can be discouraging if not what it seemed you know..but channels like yours are doing it right with daily uploads that's how you win and with our little boost of views im going to keep it going :)

Last edited:

Owens World

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im glad you decided to go with one channel instead of two. It could be done, but you'll be stretching yourself out considering you're also working outside of YouTube! Yea toys cost so much and it really is a lot of work setting it up/filming! So many people outside of YouTube thinks it's so easy just playing with toys and recording, but for 1-2 hours of footage, you actually only get only 5-10mins of fun playtime after edit! Also working with kids is not as easy as it sounds lol..don't get me wrong,it's a lot of fun getting to play with toys (makes me feel like a kid again!) but I'm sure the more kids you have , the harder it gets considering they would agrue with each other from time to time!

Outdoors/indoor play areas are good! It's fun seeing other kids have fun! Yea it's hard finding people that you can talk too about YouTube in real life! I'm still stuggling trying to explain to people what I do! Lol good luck and yea upload another video soon! On my family vlog, the views would go up after I upload but drop hard after 2 days of inactivity for the past four videos, that shows you need to keep feeding YouTube videos consistently in order to keep the views!
I agree! so much harder than people think...especially when doing a video with a kid.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have two toddlers a boy & girl and recently started toy channels for boys toys & girls toys. I realized it's much easier to maintain one account as a beginner YouTuber with my daily life schedule working full-time.
I
'm interested in focusing on our channel -kid vlogs rather than toys channels at the moment because let's face it kids toys are pricey! I see an interest in kids reality of daily lives a lot lately and I do enjoy watching fun family videos too. Since I'm an outdoors mom, it's our normal to visit different kids places and I think this will be enjoyable for our viewers to upload more content. Also, our family night out video (Chuckie E Cheese) is doing the best on our channel.

Plus we are a bit out the normal with crazy kids! Of course toys will be included and I love the idea of vlogging the kids fun moments..

Has anyone tried something new and if so how did it work out?
I have also been thinking of changing up my content and move away from toy reviews slowly. I seem to get lower views on my toy reviews and the most views are on my science experiments video, DIY and Giant indoor playground. Plus I agree with you on how expensive it gets to keep buying the latest toys. Those 3 top videos of mine in all I spent less than $20 on each maybe even less. So it works out for everyone. I think it's good you are going in the direction of what your viewers want and not emptying your pockets for all those toys. Specially at the beginning when your only part time.

I also think it's nice that there is this place for all us Youtube moms to talk and share ideas on. We understand each other better hehe