[locked] YouTube Glitch & Algorithm Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
YouTube Glitch
As many of you have heard there has been a very bad glitch on YouTube recently. People like KEEMSTAR, ComedyShortsGamer, and many others have been affected and have spoken out. If you don't know what it is, then it's a glitch when you upload you gradually lose subs at a steady rate. And then after losing subs at a steady rate you lose a couple hundreds subs within seconds. And then gradually lose subs again, that's why many creators are refraining to upload recently.

What are your thoughts on this and has it affected you?

YouTube Algorithm Change
Maybe some of you know about this, but a couple weeks ago I was told about a rumor of an algorithm change. It turns out to be true and people who took advantage of the system are now decreasing in views at an alarming rate. Also people who got a lot of their views off recommended videos are losing a lot of views too. FuturisticHub was the first to say this and recently Jesse Wellens (PrankvsPrank and BFVSGF) has recently confirmed this with the person that writes the algorithm for YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

I have seen a decrease in views and subscriber growth myself. There is still growth, but it is way off from previous periods. I know that it really sucks for the people that rely on YouTube for their income.

Are recommended views the same as suggested views only or is it suggested + browse features?

But yes, my subscriber growth does feel weird to me because there're more losses than usual, though I thought it was just a normal thing and didn't think much about it. Is it really a glitch?

Here is some proof:
twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/799082749856452608

But I think this algorithm change worked for my benefit since I've been gaining lots more subscribers and views than I usually do this past week haha

YouTube Glitch
As many of you have heard there has been a very bad glitch on YouTube recently. People like KEEMSTAR, ComedyShortsGamer, and many others have been affected and have spoken out. If you don't know what it is, then it's a glitch when you upload you gradually lose subs at a steady rate. And then after losing subs at a steady rate you lose a couple hundreds subs within seconds. And then gradually lose subs again, that's why many creators are refraining to upload recently.

What are your thoughts on this and has it affected you?

YouTube Algorithm Change
Maybe some of you know about this, but a couple weeks ago I was told about a rumor of an algorithm change. It turns out to be true and people who took advantage of the system are now decreasing in views at an alarming rate. Also people who got a lot of their views off recommended videos are losing a lot of views too. FuturisticHub was the first to say this and recently Jesse Wellens (PrankvsPrank and BFVSGF) has recently confirmed this with the person that writes the algorithm for YouTube.

What are your thoughts?
maybe that's what happened to this video of mine, it went from getting around 500 to 600 views a day to about 100 views a day now, most of the views were suggested video views.
loss.jpg

I have not seen the sub loss after uploads.

With the algorithm change, I do feel that there has been a change favoring promotion of high velocity videos. Several channels I monitor closely have increased significantly in views and subs as long as they release on-trend videos. Other channels with high subs (say 250k-400k subs) have plateaud in views, the traffic drops being more pronounced if the channel is not making current trendy videos. With the proliferation of channels and content, I see Yt being more concise in which channels they pick and promote (via suggested and browse). Yt wants to pick the winners and run with them. It makes it much harder for channels that want to deviate from the popular trend and try something new - there is a higher chance the video will die a quick and exponential death.

I have also see a drop in traffic the last few weeks. This is likely related to the rumored algo update (or it could be the after summer vacation slump and kids are back at school and have less screen time). Traffic spikes happen with suggested placements and conversely traffic falls happen when your video is taken off a suggested spot. We have had a significant traffic drop, but that's because our top video (~14M views) has been taken off a few suggested spots (it is more than 6 months old already and has driven plenty of traffic to the channel via suggested). However in the last few days, one other video has popped onto suggested of a 3M+ channel, and that's generating high traffic now. So while some videos drop off, other gain spots. This has always been the case in my experience for the last 11 months.

So all up, I think the algo change (if there has been one) has been a tweak to favor videos accelerating in views, with a boost to those channels with on-trend videos that collectively have high view acceleration and velocity.

It's more important now then ever before to identify and follow popular trends. The alternative is a steep and nasty drop that cuts your revenue by 80%, which for a business is devastating.

Ive seen a great increase in numbers over last couple of weeks. If this is done to the new algorithm I am all for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back