Dbrothers Gaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't need to "rally" people around to get views. If your not getting views its because:
1. Your not make a proper Title, Tags and Description
2. Your not making focused content that people are searching for
3. Your keywords are bad or misused
4. Your keywords are not targeting what the video is about, and highly searched, low competition words and phrases.

That takes care of views. You need to get views before you get subscribers. Subscribers come from having quality content and consistency.[DOUBLEPOST=1485630158,1485629995][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is bad advice. The day I stopped wasting energy trying to share to G+ and FB groups is the day I really started to grow. It's like being overweight and making all these excuses for why you can't exercise. Some day you will have to be honest with yourself... You really think posting to FB groups is the key to YouTube? You all put energy in the wrong places. Learn about SEO and do research into what people are searching for and fill that void! The majority of your views should not come from reddit.[DOUBLEPOST=1485630616][/DOUBLEPOST]This is why your not getting views. Your most recent video.

Tags: dvi, cable, simpleunboxingtv, affordable, fast, review, displayport, ports, discatonce, ebay, sturdy, plastic, material, color, black, hdmi, vga, computer, unboxing, cable in bag, easy to understand, quick, 2 minutes

You need to realize that when you use the word "Cable" as a keyword, your competing against everyone on YouTube in history that has used the word cable. Not likely you can compete with tags like that lol. Tags like "material", "color" tell YouTube nothing about your video... What kind of color are you talking about? Color crayons? Color of the sky? Color TV?

Tags I would consider using: dual link cable, dual link, dvi-d dual link cable, dual link cable review, dual link cable unboxing, etc...
I don't agree with this advice. You have literally 1000 times the subscribers that I have so you have a lot more experience, but your not doing what your saying. It depends what kinds of videos are about, some videos are absolutely massive on Facebook so you can't simply rule it out. You also can't simply shout into the void if your not interacting with people that are interested in your content it doesn't do any good. I don't know what your analogy about the overweight person has to do with anything. If anything it is an overweight person taking multiple avenues to lose the weight. I watched the suggested video on your channel and you talk about two different communities that your involved with just there. I don't know if your taking issue with being super involved in that community but that is how you get people to be interested in you and also learn about what the community is interested in. It is also research for videos and your content. It should also be fun to interact with people that have similar interests. Obviously you cant let that take away from your videos. If it is a question of making quality videos or being involved in a community you have to focus on making quality content. But you also have to make sure that you are using every aspect, you have to use SEO to your advantage. There is a system and you have to make it work for you. However you cannot simply change some tags and appear first on a list. Maybe if your making a video about the the effect of acid rain on Little Rock Arkansas but your not going to be getting that much traffic. All of the information that I have been reading points to the decreasing effectiveness of tags and the importance of watch time. Tags will help you at first but after a week or two the algorithms will know what people are interested in your video and how they are finding that video. So all of this to say you should take some time to learn how to effectively market your video, how to get it to appear when people are looking for things. But it will also help you to be involved in the community. Though I didn't ever say that the majority of my views came from reddit (and they don't) there is nothing wrong with that. If people find your content from outside of youtube they are still finding your content. If you have good quality content then they might check out your other videos or subscribe.