Just a guy wanting to learn SEO

MitchKFrancis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey peeps,

So I'm getting to the point where I really want to start diving into SEO and to be honest, I don't really know where to start. I'm trying to learn how to tag my videos and rank them and I'm only having minimal success. Anyone out there who can give me specific tips that worked for them?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey peeps,

So I'm getting to the point where I really want to start diving into SEO and to be honest, I don't really know where to start. I'm trying to learn how to tag my videos and rank them and I'm only having minimal success. Anyone out there who can give me specific tips that worked for them?
experiment with it. I switch the titles and tags and then search for common terms in a different browser and I can literally see the video move up and down in the rankings. I have gotten quite a few videos to rank up there with videos that have millions of more views than mine when a basic search term is entered. GoPro Dog is one of my best successes, it's one of my few videos that have the most views coming from "YouTube Search". Most of my other videos that get tons of views are from "Suggested Videos"

MitchKFrancis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
experiment with it. I switch the titles and tags and then search for common terms in a different browser and I can literally see the video move up and down in the rankings. I have gotten quite a few videos to rank up there with videos that have millions of more views than mine when a basic search term is entered. GoPro Dog is one of my best successes, it's one of my few videos that have the most views coming from "YouTube Search". Most of my other videos that get tons of views are from "Suggested Videos"
What are some examples of tags you would use?? I try tagging common search terms that relate to my videos but I struggle getting them to rank

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest using Tube Buddy. It helps you find where your tags rank and how to better tag your videos!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive tried to improve my SEO rankings and in my experiance doesnt do much for me.
For example my most popular video (Nerly 6m views) has absolutely awful SEO (Ive not touched it). I have since studied it and improved it on on all future videos.
Some of my vids go 'viral' most (95%) just sink. Pot Luck.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Watch Roberto Blake's SEO videos, study his descriptions especially those that performed really well on search for him. Also use Tube Buddy to see how he tags things and how his tags relate to his descriptions. Also pay attention to how long his descriptions are. An example video of his to study, "10 ways to make passive income online"

MitchKFrancis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Watch Roberto Blake's SEO videos, study his descriptions especially those that performed really well on search for him. Also use Tube Buddy to see how he tags things and how his tags relate to his descriptions. Also pay attention to how long his descriptions are. An example video of his to study, "10 ways to make passive income online"
Thanks for your help!