Is upload schedule really all that needed?

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So i've been thinking about this and because of school and youtube i know i can't have a consistent upload schedule because the videos i make take a little extra effort to get out and more time. So i believe that in some cases an upload schedule isn't really necessary, but you must stay in contact with your audience to show them what you are doing and that you are working on videos like on twitter and instagram etc.in my opinion, but this only goes for those who choose quality over quantity and have things such as school clashing with youtube, but what do you guys think?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I think at the beginning is more like you should upload when you can, but be constant as in don't wait weeks to upload a new video. I don't have a schedule now, I use to have it and it prove to me to be to difficult, since I take time to edit my videos, I have a job, a baby bird that requires my attention and my family I edit when I can and upload. I do try to keep the upload at the same time every time, for example my audience tends to watch my videos at 7pm, thanks to tubebuddy for showing me that, so I try to have the videos up before 6 and have the schedule for publish at 6:30.

If you do end up having this as a job, meaning a good source of income then there you can make a schedule like well a job lol

Reactions: The Unwanted Letter

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a lot of people would agree that having an upload schedule has a lot of pros, such as your audience knowing when to look for your videos and creating hype and anticipation.

This got asked like multiple times at VidCon and basically most people agreed that it was a good idea in theory but also that it wasn't for every type of channel. You certainly don't need to have a schedule by any means to be successful at YouTube.

Personally I think it's a lot less stressful to not have a schedule and instead decide that I'm going to upload "x" number of videos this week since I don't know when I will and won't have time to work on them. The timing when you upload your videos is something the look into based on where you live and where your primary audience lives. Play around with some different times and try to figure out when you get the best immediate response on your videos.

If you like the way a schedule works then go for it, there's a lot to like. For me I find I have trouble meeting the schedule or even have extra content for double uploads that's only relevant within a certain time frame. I just don't want the added stress mostly.

Reactions: The Unwanted Letter

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a lot of people would agree that having an upload schedule has a lot of pros, such as your audience knowing when to look for your videos and creating hype and anticipation.

This got asked like multiple times at VidCon and basically most people agreed that it was a good idea in theory but also that it wasn't for every type of channel. You certainly don't need to have a schedule by any means to be successful at YouTube.

Personally I think it's a lot less stressful to not have a schedule and instead decide that I'm going to upload "x" number of videos this week since I don't know when I will and won't have time to work on them. The timing when you upload your videos is something the look into based on where you live and where your primary audience lives. Play around with some different times and try to figure out when you get the best immediate response on your videos.

If you like the way a schedule works then go for it, there's a lot to like. For me I find I have trouble meeting the schedule or even have extra content for double uploads that's only relevant within a certain time frame. I just don't want the added stress mostly.
Exactly what i experience

Raid MusicHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think upload schedule is important. But the most important thing is to have good quality videos. Why? because if you have 1000 videos, upload schedule but you only produce 10 views, the chance to get subscriber is low. But if you have 10 videos even you don't upload schedule but you can produce 1000 views the chance to get subscriber is high. What I mean is it's okay to not upload schedule as long as you can upload good content and keep it constant.

P.S This is just my thought, don't take it very serious ;)