Is the current state of my channel OK?

Chronix

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been doing YouTube videos now since the end of January this year. It's now coming up to mid-May and was wondering if someone could let me know if my channel is doing OK for approaching the 5 months mark?

As of this post, I have 944 views and 20 subscribers. I post videos every Wednesday and Sunday at 2pm GMT.

I feel that after almost 5 months at this I should have more than 20 subs. I know that the gaming community is huge in YouTube so getting my name out there is going to prove extremely difficult, but for the amount of views I'm getting, I would expect at least a couple more subs. I think I was stuck on 19 for about a month and a half before hitting 20 a few weeks ago.

Any advice you guys could give would be tremendous!

Many thanks!

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on how much money you have invested, if it is 0.00$, then in such populated and now sort of old category like gaming videos it is nothing out normal.
You might get lucky if you create a viral video or get noticed by others if you have extremely good/original content. If not you could expect your channel to grow a bit faster now if current subs will share, like and comment your videos.

Chronix

Reaction score
Depends on how much money you have invested, if it is 0.00$, then in such populated and now sort of old category like gaming videos it is nothing out normal.
You might get lucky if you create a viral video or get noticed by others if you have extremely good/original content. If not you could expect your channel to grow a bit faster now if current subs will share, like and comment your videos.
Yeah, the gaming community is very saturated with content from tons of highly viewed people so I guess me starting at the bottom will struggle to get noticed.

I post in sub reddits and discord channels to try and gain some traction and usually end up with a lot of views and the like to dislike ratio is very good, but never any subs.

I'm tempted to pay for a month on here to see how I fair in the video section.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, the gaming community is very saturated with content from tons of highly viewed people so I guess me starting at the bottom will struggle to get noticed.

I post in sub reddits and discord channels to try and gain some traction and usually end up with a lot of views and the like to dislike ratio is very good, but never any subs.

I'm tempted to pay for a month on here to see how I fair in the video section.
This forum is for creators to share their experience and teach others some useful techniques and tactics. So if your solely purpose to post in video section is to gain subs and views you are in the wrong place :)

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
find out the latest trends in terms of the games you are playing, and use google trends to find things to do with gaming that a lot of people are searching for. everyone's channel is an individual journey, though.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Your channel looks good so far in my opinion. Things improve gradually over time. Like commentary, quality, etc.The more consistent you are in your uploads the more people will notice you and stick around if they enjoy your content.

Since you're a gaming channel I'd recommend playing some games that came out early this year and some from last year. It doesn't hurt to play older or indie games from time to time either but newer games grab people's attention the best.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi,

I've been doing YouTube videos now since the end of January this year. It's now coming up to mid-May and was wondering if someone could let me know if my channel is doing OK for approaching the 5 months mark?

As of this post, I have 944 views and 20 subscribers. I post videos every Wednesday and Sunday at 2pm GMT.

I feel that after almost 5 months at this I should have more than 20 subs. I know that the gaming community is huge in YouTube so getting my name out there is going to prove extremely difficult, but for the amount of views I'm getting, I would expect at least a couple more subs. I think I was stuck on 19 for about a month and a half before hitting 20 a few weeks ago.

Any advice you guys could give would be tremendous!

Many thanks!
@Chronix

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

Good luck.