Is reddit a good place to promote videos?

I think it's best to ask someone else to put your video on there, as Frankie said, if you put your own video up people aren't too keen on that.

Now I kind of want to put one of my crappier videos on there just to garner some type of reaction!
have someone else do it LOL. A friend of mine put his own video on there and they didn't seem to care as much. They have to believe someone ELSE is saying "this sucks"

my cousin posted one of my videos a while back and it didn't get much views because he posted it in the pokemon subreddit, which I'm guessing isnt as popular as other subreddits. I don't post my own content there b/c I don't want to attract trolls :confused:

In my personal experience - and I've used Reddit to promote quite a number of things over the past year or so - is that Reddit users tend to be a pretty savvy crowd. They pick up very quickly on shameless self-promotion. It can be a powerful tool, but unless you're providing content of exceptional value to a very niche audience, your videos are likely to be downvoted into oblivion almost instantly.

everyone on reddit is a self centered ******* that thinks they are being intellectual because they're on reddit. 90% of the feedback from that site is going to be negative or this video is s**t type of posts. going into the more specific type of directs if a big posters there dislikes something he'll say this video is spam s**t and then there will be like 9 thumbs up beside his name.
Another thing past the negativity is i was psoting too many links once and my posting ability got froze. got to keep like a 60text to 40% ratio or something like that.

But that out of the way i get some good views and a few subs posting stuff on reddit. occasionally i got a few clips that got over 100 views and it was just simple let's play clip. sometimes it's a bust though, it really depends on teh subreddit. honstly even if a clip gets high dislikes i think it's worth it if it's a good clip(for you) and one wants to geta few extra veiws on it :)

everyone on reddit is a self centered ******* that thinks they are being intellectual because they're on reddit. 90% of the feedback from that site is going to be negative or this video is s**t type of posts. going into the more specific type of directs if a big posters there dislikes something he'll say this video is spam s**t and then there will be like 9 thumbs up beside his name.
Another thing past the negativity is i was psoting too many links once and my posting ability got froze. got to keep like a 60text to 40% ratio or something like that.

But that out of the way i get some good views and a few subs posting stuff on reddit. occasionally i got a few clips that got over 100 views and it was just simple let's play clip. sometimes it's a bust though, it really depends on teh subreddit. honstly even if a clip gets high dislikes i think it's worth it if it's a good clip(for you) and one wants to geta few extra veiws on it :)
I wouldn't go as far as to say that everyone on reddit is a self-centred *******, but there is a kind of hive-mind that gets created when you have a whole bunch of almost completely anonymous people sharing content and offering opinions. And the reddit hive-mind HATES self promotion. However, posting it on one of the smaller reddits might be preferable because the people are there for a more specific reason and share a more specific interest with you.

I don't know, I haven't really used it with any great success, but I have recieved a better response when I posted in smaller reddits.

Back