Is my video fun to watch?

Catu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello!
So i've been continually trying to improve the content on my channel through listening to everyones criticisms and I would like to know if this video is maybe too long?
I try to keep my videos around 5-6 minutes but I would like to know if the longer videos are also fun to watch.
Also if there are any other ways I can improve let me know!

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Catu! I'm Bailey, and I'd love to contribute to this discussion!

Your straight-up question is "Is my video fun to watch?" - and I'll be honest with you, I don't have a straight up yes or no answer for you. I did completely laugh out loud at the cardboard cutout microphone at the start of the video, and the dry humor about "still making videos but not growing LAWL" was an absolute winner. The actual dialogue was really fun, and some of the props were hilarious to look about; but I do come bearing advice!

I feel as though this video would have benefited MUCH MORE if it followed a faster editing style (see attached video), kind of just rapid cuts of you sticking random crap together, cutting cardboard, splashing glue in random places that actually serves no function. That might just be personal preference, but I feel as though a faster editing style would have just cut out the silences/unfunny motions, and would almost display a highlight reel of the funniest parts.

I have an example about the editing style I'm talking about, but obviously the content of the video is completely different:

So, to answer your question; The video was fun to watch, at certain points!

Catu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey Catu! I'm Bailey, and I'd love to contribute to this discussion!

Your straight-up question is "Is my video fun to watch?" - and I'll be honest with you, I don't have a straight up yes or no answer for you. I did completely laugh out loud at the cardboard cutout microphone at the start of the video, and the dry humor about "still making videos but not growing LAWL" was an absolute winner. The actual dialogue was really fun, and some of the props were hilarious to look about; but I do come bearing advice!

I feel as though this video would have benefited MUCH MORE if it followed a faster editing style (see attached video), kind of just rapid cuts of you sticking random crap together, cutting cardboard, splashing glue in random places that actually serves no function. That might just be personal preference, but I feel as though a faster editing style would have just cut out the silences/unfunny motions, and would almost display a highlight reel of the funniest parts.

I have an example about the editing style I'm talking about, but obviously the content of the video is completely different:

So, to answer your question; The video was fun to watch, at certain points!
Hello Bailey!
Thank you so much for your feedback. Now that i've watched the video you linked, it has given inspiration for a better editing style so, thank you! YESS I have always felt an awkward aura in my videos but hopefully in the future ill be able to minimise them.
Again thank you so much!

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello Bailey!
Thank you so much for your feedback. Now that i've watched the video you linked, it has given inspiration for a better editing style so, thank you! YESS I have always felt an awkward aura in my videos but hopefully in the future ill be able to minimise them.
Again thank you so much!
Not a problem! Best of luck with the future of your channel, I'll definitely consider subscribing! :)

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's a bomb A** outfit man! lol I need to get me that for prom haha

Catu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
that's a bomb A** outfit man! lol I need to get me that for prom haha
HAHA you will be the star of the show[DOUBLEPOST=1481949324,1481949245][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not a problem! Best of luck with the future of your channel, I'll definitely consider subscribing! :)
You are too kind, thank you! :angel:

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watched it and ended up being more entertained than I thought I would going into it.

Regarding the editing style, I personally hate jump cuts. It's fine if it doesn't affect the audio, but even the ones in your video were a little annoying to me. It seems to be a popular thing, but it bugs me even when really popular channels do it.

At one point I found it relaxing watching you mess around with the paper. It almost reminded me of shows like "This Old House". I like those kinds of shows.

At points I wondered if it was deadpan or dry humor that you were going for. If so, definitely keep at it, as that is my favorite type. At times it was hard to tell if you were trying to be ridiculous or if it was just happening. And I kept asking myself why you have so much trouble seeing with such big eyes. lol. It was actually pretty clever. Here is one of my favorite little mini-series. It is 5 episodes:

Last edited:

Catu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I watched it and ended up being more entertained than I thought I would going into it.

Regarding the editing style, I personally hate jump cuts. It's fine if it doesn't affect the audio, but even the ones in your video were a little annoying to me. It seems to be a popular thing, but it bugs me even when really popular channels do it.

At one point I found it relaxing watching you mess around with the paper. It almost reminded me of shows like "This Old House". I like those kinds of shows.

At points I wondered if it was deadpan or dry humor that you were going for. If so, definitely keep at it, as that is my favorite type. At times it was hard to tell if you were trying to be ridiculous or if it was just happening. And I kept asking myself why you have so much trouble seeing with such big eyes. lol. It was actually pretty clever. Here is one of my favorite little mini-series. It is 5 episodes:

Thanks for the feedback! I always appreciate any constructive criticism that will help better my channel. I think i'll have to pre-plan my videos more so there wont be as many jump cuts and it will flow better.
Thank you for the video recommendation! It really helps give me a vision of how I can improve :)