Is it okay to use stock images for most of my thumbnails?

TechnicalTim

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using stock images for about 6o% to 80% of my thumbnails. Text boxes would overlay the stock images. One reason I'm considering this is because I own both a YouTube channel and a website with the same name. I’m thinking of using the same image for each video and accompanying website post.

I’m hesitant to always use images of myself, especially since I plan to regularly share my posts and videos on LinkedIn, which has a more professional tone than YouTube.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Last edited:

TechnicalTim

Reaction score
MirrorlessNY(youtuber), You described LinkedIn accurately.

LinkedIn seems worth it for video creators in the business, technology, and programming niches. It depends on whether your content is focused on helping career-oriented professionals elevate their skills and/or provides valuable insights. Also, you would have to make sure that your content is perceived as helpful, high-quality, and "not spammish" before sharing your content on that site. It helps to join LinkedIn and see what other influencers are doing for a while first.

Last edited:

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see why not, especially if you are going through LinkedIn, you might want those business or tech. stock photos to stand out compared to a more traditional thumbnail image.