Is cooking channel not a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoodForGoodMood

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Will - I like that you focus on the wok and Asian stuff, I will check your channel at home - good idea.

Adams I will check your channel as well :) just after work.

Always curious about cooking channels :]

If you are good with something and you love it, is gonna be good idea for the YouTube channel.

WokingWithWill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Will - I like that you focus on the wok and Asian stuff, I will check your channel at home - good idea.

If you are good with something and you love it, is gonna be good idea for the YouTube channel.
Thanks, I like the format of your channel. The food looks awesome and you just got yourself another subscriber.

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I see a lot of people doing video game and vlog videos. Are cooking channels not popular whatsoever?
My belief is a channel's success is not only what your subject matter is about, but also about how you convey that subject matter. Maybe cooking channels are not popular, but that doesn't meant you can't add flare to it by making it funny or goofy and make it popular.

I wouldn't ask the question, "Are cooking shows popular?" in order to determine what your subject matter will be about, rather, you should ask yourself what you are passionate about, and go from there. If you are passionate about your subject, you will pursue it with more enthusiasm, drive. and ultimately have more fun.

Reactions: WokingWithWill

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

Thanks man. Had a look at your channel. Really like the look of that chicken with kale and cauliflower. Got an idea for a twist on that one which I want to give a go ☺

bb109

Reaction score
hey @adams eats

just watched your video and your intro is hilarious and my idea to my channel is very similar to yours. i want to film myself cooking stuff for the first time and document the fails. lol.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hey @adams eats

just watched your video and your intro is hilarious and my idea to my channel is very similar to yours. i want to film myself cooking stuff for the first time and document the fails. lol.
Haha thanks buddy. I actually really enjoyed doing it, and may do more 'on the fly' type cooking. I tend to leave the muck ups in most of my videos, you'll find most have some sort of funny skit in them. That's just my nature really lol. The century egg one is worth a watch too lol

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I see a lot of people doing video game and vlog videos. Are cooking channels not popular whatsoever?
I think you should make your channel whatever you want it to be about. The topic isn't as important as the execution in my opinion. Like you could create such a great cooking channel that people who don't even care about cooking would watch it. Take epic meal time for example, no one buys 30 big macs and puts it in their oven but people watch it. A lot of people watch gaming channels and don't necessarily game or play the particular game they are watching. Are you getting my drift?

bb109

Reaction score
I think you should make your channel whatever you want it to be about.
this is why i didn't reply with advice.
I was going to give OP pointers on how to make cooking interesting but changed my mind when i read the first post.

i get the impression OP wants to do gaming but is only interested in easiest way to get views/subs and is only wanting to do cooking cos it's less competition.

if you don't love or enjoy the type of videos you are going to be making. you are going to fail. stick to doing stuff you enjoy

Reactions: Henry Gallimore

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I could see myself watching a cooking channel. Hell I watch some channels that involve food already so haha. If you're a good chef you could make it pretty big.

Reactions: WokingWithWill
Status
Not open for further replies.