Interacting on Youtube

HiNamesDev

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi,

My question is if you wanted to interact on other YouTube channels (not your own), like commenting on videos, talking in the community, liking, etc. Would it be ok to do those things from your Channel account? Or should you do those interactions more on a personal account?

I kind of think that it doesn't matter what account you use. But, I just wanted to get some input about this.

Thank You!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi,

My question is if you wanted to interact on other YouTube channels (not your own), like commenting on videos, talking in the community, liking, etc. Would it be ok to do those things from your Channel account? Or should you do those interactions more on a personal account?

I kind of think that it doesn't matter what account you use. But, I just wanted to get some input about this.

Thank You!

Hi

There is nothing wrong with commenting, liking etc in the community with the same "channel account" that you use to make videos so long as YouTube's rules are being followed (no spam, no inappropriate comments etc)

Having said that, I often use a separate account (with no videos and no real identity) to make comments, like videos and just be a "normal user" on YouTube and I do it for privacy reasons. Let me explain - When I'm commenting on other people's videos, it's always as a user of Youtuber and never with a goal of promoting my channel or videos, so I just don't want to be "recognised". - I don't really want my subs and potential subs to see me commenting on other people's videos and seeing all my interests, hobbies and seeing my interactions with others etc. None of my comments are spammy or inappropriate - I just value my privacy. :)

HiNamesDev

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi

There is nothing wrong with commenting, liking etc in the community with the same "channel account" that you use to make videos so long as YouTube's rules are being followed (no spam, no inappropriate comments etc)

Having said that, I often use a separate account (with no videos and no real identity) to make comments, like videos and just be a "normal user" on YouTube and I do it for privacy reasons. Let me explain - When I'm commenting on other people's videos, it's always as a user of Youtuber and never with a goal of promoting my channel or videos, so I just don't want to be "recognised". - I don't really want my subs and potential subs to see me commenting on other people's videos and seeing all my interests, hobbies and seeing my interactions with others etc. None of my comments are spammy or inappropriate - I just value my privacy. :)
That's a good point. It's one of those things were it's not bad either way, but maybe in certain circumstances one is better then the other.

Reactions: Crown

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I only have one YT account. So all my comments are from my channel account. :)
Me too, never considered anything else. it's kind of nice to build up a bit of a community in your niche, occasionally it leads to something like a collaboration or a bit of promotion but thats not necessarily the main thing.