In need of tips

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I'm not usually one to script my videos, but for my gameplay videos of League of Legends I'm starting to just record and then voice over my videos.

I'm not very good at writing my own scripts.. at least not at the moment since I'm not used to it.
Any pointers?

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There are a lot of things to keep in mind. It's basically the same as drama or English at school. Play with the tone of your voice to keep it interesting and use a variety of words, not going back to a word such as, "like" or "definitely" or "awesome" by habit. Throw in a few jokes and speak casually, not as if you're reading a legislative document or something.

Also, find your style. Identify what makes your commentary unique because there are many, many gamers on YouTube. You need to find a reason as to why people would subscribe to you and not every gamer out there.

Hope this helps.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When doing your voice over - try to imagine that you are only talking to one of your best friends and you are explaining etherything to him in your normal conversational way.
That way it will come across natural.

On one of my first vids I spoke to potentially hundreds/thousands of people and I was shaking with fear! Now I imagine just 1 of my friends is watching and I am relaxed and casual.

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well its easier then you first thought. Just be your self tell stories about stuff, explain what you're doing. Just pick up on the littlest of things and talk about them. And before you know it you have literally talked throughout the whole duration of the video. As long as you stay on topic and dont get distracted to where you will pause and "urmm" alot :)