I'm scared to start again

hannahmarycxo

Reaction score
Hey,

So about a year ago I started making YouTube videos, and I LOVED doing it. I put so much effort into it and as a student, it became my creative outlet- my saving grace. I built up a solid channel, I got to 9k subs and still have most of them. But people at school found out and I was bullied relentlessly for it, to the point where I deleted my recent videos (I have some from years ago that I kept on the channel). I really want to restart, I'm a uni student now and I have an awesome job in a museum I'd love to document on YT. But I'm terrified of the backlash, and could use some tips on restarting my channel.

Any advice is welcome!

Reactions: Fox Beat

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you want to start a fresh new channel or start off where you ended on your current 9k sub channel?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think there's quite a difference between high school students and university students, maturity wise. It also sounds like your new channel will be focused around the museum and your work there. Unless your uni class mates are interested in the type of videos you will make about the museum, your content should not show up in their suggested feeds. If you don't mention the channel, I think you can keep a decent amount of separation. Either way, don't let others bully you or control your life, you are the master of your destiny, not some jealous snort nosed kids. There are many ignorant, small minded jealous s***s in this world who love to knock down anyone who tries to be different and accomplish something. Tell them where they can stick it. Just some advice from the school of life.

Reetae27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I concur with the previous comment. Obviously, the choice is yours, but whatever you do with your channel or anything really should be decided by what you want -- and not what others say/think. You put a lot of hard work into getting all those subscribers, and btw, those subscribers are validation that what you're doing IS good and valuable, and that the people bullying you are just awful jerks (I'd use stronger language but this forum prohibits it, haha). I know it's hard sometimes not to be swayed by loud mean people, but I promise the world is mostly full of quiet nice people, and those are the ones you'll be making content for, and who'll appreciate you for it.

hannahmarycxo

Reaction score
Do you want to start a fresh new channel or start off where you ended on your current 9k sub channel?
I was hoping to continue where I left off on my current channel![DOUBLEPOST=1498496732,1498496669][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think there's quite a difference between high school students and university students, maturity wise. It also sounds like your new channel will be focused around the museum and your work there. Unless your uni class mates are interested in the type of videos you will make about the museum, your content should not show up in their suggested feeds. If you don't mention the channel, I think you can keep a decent amount of separation. Either way, don't let others bully you or control your life, you are the master of your destiny, not some jealous snort nosed kids. There are many ignorant, small minded jealous s***s in this world who love to knock down anyone who tries to be different and accomplish something. Tell them where they can stick it. Just some advice from the school of life.
I agree with what you said regarding levels of maturity, I think this is exactly what I needed to hear, thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1498496815][/DOUBLEPOST]
I concur with the previous comment. Obviously, the choice is yours, but whatever you do with your channel or anything really should be decided by what you want -- and not what others say/think. You put a lot of hard work into getting all those subscribers, and btw, those subscribers are validation that what you're doing IS good and valuable, and that the people bullying you are just awful jerks (I'd use stronger language but this forum prohibits it, haha). I know it's hard sometimes not to be swayed by loud mean people, but I promise the world is mostly full of quiet nice people, and those are the ones you'll be making content for, and who'll appreciate you for it.
It is hard but coming onto this forum and seeing lovely people like you and the others that have commented really put my faith back into the YouTube community, thank you!

Reactions: Reetae27

EndlessEpic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If YouTube is something you like doing, then I would say go for it. It's not what they think about your videos, it's what you think about your videos and channel. Do what you want to do.

HowToDudes

Reaction score
I've had that same problem which made me and my friend quit our YouTube as well. We were even finding lots of success but so many peoples were making fun of us we were tired of it. But now we've decided even if people find out, who cares. They're just giving us free views. Don't let haters get In the way of success:)

Reactions: EndlessEpic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Agreed! I get made fun of all the time for my videos, people tease and poke fun. They are jealous of you, let the videos you make define you, not other people.. I mean come on! Wow 9K!!

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
In our school, some people found out about our channel, and nobody really makes fun of us, but just some fun teasing which isn't so bad. However, most people at our school who know are supportive and are even subscribed. You just need to remember that the people who bully you about Youtube don't understand it, and if you are having fun, and enjoy making videos, keep on doing it!

Julia and Claire

Reactions: EndlessEpic