I'm scared to start again

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just make quality content that you enjoy and upload. If it's something you are happy about the people that matter will stay and enjoy it. Everyone else doesn't matter.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey,

So about a year ago I started making YouTube videos, and I LOVED doing it. I put so much effort into it and as a student, it became my creative outlet- my saving grace. I built up a solid channel, I got to 9k subs and still have most of them. But people at school found out and I was bullied relentlessly for it, to the point where I deleted my recent videos (I have some from years ago that I kept on the channel). I really want to restart, I'm a uni student now and I have an awesome job in a museum I'd love to document on YT. But I'm terrified of the backlash, and could use some tips on restarting my channel.

Any advice is welcome!
Be brave and start ur project!! Heres some tip to deal with them: 1) Try your best to ignore the bully's threats. Pretend you don't hear them. Pretend to feel brave and confident. Don't show them your feelings. 2) Don't bully back. 3) Find someone (adult) you trust and talk about what is happening to you. Teachers, parents etc.
Good Luck!! Tell us when you already re-start ur project!!

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you was to carry on from where you left off, you could let your viewers know that your back and ready to kick some a**! well don't put it that way but tell them that your back making videos and your back to prove all them low life haters wrong! they bullied you because they are at a lower level than you, they are jealous because you matter to more people than they do and they only want to bring you down to their level! keep your head up and keep strong, try and use the hate as fuel to keep on pushing further, that's what i do and you know what, it works! :D

Reactions: Fox Beat

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm so sorry to hear that, bullies really suck but you clearly were doing amazingly as you reached 9000 subscribers! I never did youtube at school, but some people will always find a reason to bully you, you just have to make sure you do not let them and their opinions destroy you, I can only dream of having 9k subs and I think you're incredible for that. Do it for the supporters not for the haters, you will be very surprised how many will suddenly change their mind when they realise you're successful, and suddenly want to be your friend. Remember YOU are the one winning at life not them, and if this causes you to give up such an amazing achievement then that makes me feel sad, you have done so well, get back to it and kick some serious a** and show them you're so much better then they will ever be. Best of luck I am rooting for you!

datguyonYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't.
If the first time you let other people's opinions affect you so much that you ended up stepping down from YT then if you get some criticism again the same will happen.
There's nothing wrong with it, being a "public figure" is not for everyone. Some people can't take criticism.
Everyone here will tell you to 'follow your dreams' but sometimes not doing something is as good as doing it.

wtefe

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ultimately the choice is yours. Don't feel like you have to do something, but if you enjoyed it, and want to start it up again, then DO IT! As for the bullies, unfortunately that never goes away in life. Even in corporate career life there are some bullies who lurk around. You just gotta ignore, avoid, thick skin, be yourself, laugh with them/at them, whatever mechanism you use to get through your day. surround yourself with good people, busy yourself with activities you enjoy. Live life!

Only thing I'd caution you on, if you do incorporate the museum, you may have to watch out for intellectual property rights or copyright laws depending on what you actually do.

Chin up!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should definitely do what you want ultimately. I don't really share with my personal Facebook network that I do videos (especially cuz they scripted ones are really dumb) but I still do them because I love it. Don't care if anyone else ridicules me for it. Don't see them being creative in any way, honestly.