I'm Getting Views But Not Likes!!

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
From my experience I always get a constant amount of likes meaning 100-200 likes for my last videos. For my channel it's pretty much 10% of the amount of views. I don't know if that's good or bad but I think is a good indicator considering you got 1,2K views and only 14 likes,,, that's way too low IMO

I don't know if it actually works because I've been saying the typical phrase to viewers... please like, share, comment and subscribe since the beginning but hopefully my experience will help you somehow. I'm curious now so in the future I will stop asking for likes and see how it goes,, imagine if I get more lol that would be interesting

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was also going to say that 1 out of every 100 views is pretty typical

some video's just seem to produce more interaction than others, my current most popular video is now over 19k views 322 likes and only 27 comments, I have another video with 5k views that has 84 comments and 123 likes. a example of a low interaction video is one with 1.3k views with only 4 likes and quite a few that are right in that 1 like per 100 views.

I believe I have about 5-6 subscribers that like every video I upload because I normally get my first 5-6 likes on a video within the first 48 hours its uploaded. could be a coincidence though.

I would concentrate on audience retention and the likes will come. also if a video gets shared on social media or other sites out side of YouTube the views likely will not generate any YouTube interaction as its viewed outside of YouTube.

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From my experience I always get a constant amount of likes meaning 100-200 likes for my last videos. For my channel it's pretty much 10% of the amount of views. I don't know if that's good or bad but I think is a good indicator considering you got 1,2K views and only 14 likes,,, that's way too low IMO

I don't know if it actually works because I've been saying the typical phrase to viewers... please like, share, comment and subscribe since the beginning but hopefully my experience will help you somehow. I'm curious now so in the future I will stop asking for likes and see how it goes,, imagine if I get more lol that would be interesting
Yeah that's why I'm concerned because mine is like 1%. I guess I can experiment a bit and ask differently![DOUBLEPOST=1534926428,1534926293][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was also going to say that 1 out of every 100 views is pretty typical

some video's just seem to produce more interaction than others, my current most popular video is now over 19k views 322 likes and only 27 comments, I have another video with 5k views that has 84 comments and 123 likes. a example of a low interaction video is one with 1.3k views with only 4 likes and quite a few that are right in that 1 like per 100 views.

I believe I have about 5-6 subscribers that like every video I upload because I normally get my first 5-6 likes on a video within the first 48 hours its uploaded. could be a coincidence though.

I would concentrate on audience retention and the likes will come. also if a video gets shared on social media or other sites out side of YouTube the views likely will not generate any YouTube interaction as its viewed outside of YouTube.
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just keep at it and hopefully things will change! Could just be the people viewing just don't want to press like

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I guess I misread I thought were at 14 likes in 1200 views not 12k but none the less I personally don't feel that call to actions really do much in most situations.

It could be that people like the video but they just don't feel moved to press the like button. If It was me I would study my audance retention on the video and see what parts are bringing people to the video and what parts people are skipping and try to determine what is causing the people to come to your video and what may be causing them to leave without clicking the like button. use that info when you make your next video.

unfortunately there's not a analytic that tells you why people are not liking but you can still use the tools you do have to try to create more engaged views.

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess I misread I thought were at 14 likes in 1200 views not 12k but none the less I personally don't feel that call to actions really do much in most situations.

It could be that people like the video but they just don't feel moved to press the like button. If It was me I would study my audance retention on the video and see what parts are bringing people to the video and what parts people are skipping and try to determine what is causing the people to come to your video and what may be causing them to leave without clicking the like button. use that info when you make your next video.

unfortunately there's not a analytic that tells you why people are not liking but you can still use the tools you do have to try to create more engaged views.
it is 14 likes in 1200 views. If it was 12k then I would be more worried lol. I'll look into the stats and see what else I can do, thanks for the help! And good luck with your channel!

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
14 in 1200 is right in there at that 1-100 I wouldn't be tearibly concerned it's not totally abnormal

Reactions: Mirko

VictorLight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll be honest here with you, sometimes I watch videos and I actually love them but I forget to like the video even though it was a good video, so you'll have to remind viewers to like your video (not too many times) maybe once or twice throughout the whole video, that could help.

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll be honest here with you, sometimes I watch videos and I actually love them but I forget to like the video even though it was a good video, so you'll have to remind viewers to like your video (not too many times) maybe once or twice throughout the whole video, that could help.
I always mention it once or twice but I do agree I think people maybe forget! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: VictorLight

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What’s your audience retention rate and watch time? Are people watching most or all of the video, or just clicking off because they don’t like it? Your answer lies therein.

But your ratios of likes to views don’t seem that off to me.

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I checked out your latest video and I feel like it is a bit more professional than mine. I personally like how your like and sub prompts are very low key...but if you are looking for likes and subs, you might want to ask for them verbally. A good spot to ask verbally would be directly after your intro plays. May I suggest you as your viewers to "ring the bell and get notified" instead of subscribe? You might get more return views.

I hope this helps.