I'm Getting Views But Not Likes!!

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone, so my YouTube channel has been doing good with views but people don't like the video.
For example my latest video has over 1000 views but only 12 likes. and my other videos that get about 50-100 views get maybe 2 or 3 likes.

What tips have you guys got for people like me to help gain more likes?

Thanks.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can always ask for likes. Some people hate and others think it okay. I do it on some of my videos but I try to do it with kind of a joke to make it fun (and the same goes when I ask for subscribers.....Yes I do that too:)) but like I mentioned there is kind of a fine line so you got to be a bit carefull.

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can always ask for likes. Some people hate and others think it okay. I do it on some of my videos but I try to do it with kind of a joke to make it fun (and the same goes when I ask for subscribers.....Yes I do that too:)) but like I mentioned there is kind of a fine line so you got to be a bit carefull.
I do ask in my videos and have reminders on screen but maybe I should be more clear but not too much to put them off.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
But then again, you get a decent amount of views, so why do you need the likes? I mean that as long as people are watching the videos, then it should be fine, right?
I´m guessing you want more likes, so it changes the algorithm, so you could get more views.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even if the person doesn’t push like on your videos it doesn’t mean they don’t like it, sometimes people don’t always push the like button or leave a comment. I know when I like certain videos by my favorite YouTubers I don’t always push like, I just watch the video and then I watch a different one.

Reactions: Sony1210

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you gotta ask for them. Simples really. Don't take too much time pondering that one. What your getting is about right if your not asking for them. Assume no1 can think for themselves. Also *important. is how you ask.

this is the wrong way: "please like because i really enjoy".. "because i'm very passionate", "because I"... etc = ZERO likes!. Nobody gets up this morning wanting to please you. We hoomans are selfish creatures.

this is the right way: "Please like to see more of..", "Please thumbs up if you agree with.." See the difference?. U gotta make it about 'Them'. Whats in it for them? etc.

Or.. your video has to evoke an emotion. We are motivated to do things more by emotion, not by reason.

Reactions: Sony1210

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But then again, you get a decent amount of views, so why do you need the likes? I mean that as long as people are watching the videos, then it should be fine, right?
I´m guessing you want more likes, so it changes the algorithm, so you could get more views.
Yeah more likes apparently ranks you higher and it looks better and more rewarding! Thanks for the reply![DOUBLEPOST=1534711061,1534710926][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even if the person doesn’t push like on your videos it doesn’t mean they don’t like it, sometimes people don’t always push the like button or leave a comment. I know when I like certain videos by my favorite YouTubers I don’t always push like, I just watch the video and then I watch a different one.
Tbh I'm the same I never like videos but then again I only really watch videos that have thousands of likes and my 1 like won't make a difference lol. As long as people are watching that's the main thing. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1534716292][/DOUBLEPOST]
you gotta ask for them. Simples really. Don't take too much time pondering that one. What your getting is about right if your not asking for them. Assume no1 can think for themselves. Also *important. is how you ask.

this is the wrong way: "please like because i really enjoy".. "because i'm very passionate", "because I"... etc = ZERO likes!. Nobody gets up this morning wanting to please you. We hoomans are selfish creatures.

this is the right way: "Please like to see more of..", "Please thumbs up if you agree with.." See the difference?. U gotta make it about 'Them'. Whats in it for them? etc.

Or.. your video has to evoke an emotion. We are motivated to do things more by emotion, not by reason.
That's very well explained and you want into a lot of detail there. That's true, there are different ways on asking for likes without begging. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Courtney Candice

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How's your audience retention? I tend to find that my videos that have higher retention (even if they have lower views) have more likes. I try not to worry too much about it as 'likes' aren't necessarily an indicator of a good (or bad) video.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do ask in my videos
okay that great but maybe you could try to ask in another way. (I havent seen how you ask) but again if you try with a bit of humor my expireice is that you are more likely to get likes or subscribers. But give it a go and see how it works out for you that would be my best advice

Mirko

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
okay that great but maybe you could try to ask in another way. (I havent seen how you ask) but again if you try with a bit of humor my expireice is that you are more likely to get likes or subscribers. But give it a go and see how it works out for you that would be my best advice
I will try and change things up and ask in another way and see how that goes, thanks for the advice man![DOUBLEPOST=1534769277,1534769154][/DOUBLEPOST]
How's your audience retention? I tend to find that my videos that have higher retention (even if they have lower views) have more likes. I try not to worry too much about it as 'likes' aren't necessarily an indicator of a good (or bad) video.
tbh I have never had a consistent amount of likes and comments but I guess 'likes' aren't something to worry about too much.