If your channel was invited to become monetized, does that mean you are a partner?

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
yes I dont know your personal business lol but when someone says "I gave credit to so and so that should be enough" it usually means to me that they didnt ask lol. You are free to monatize the monatizable ones no problem. However if you want to partner your going to have to remove the videos containing content you have not got documentation to prove that you have permission to use it. Or a link to the site with the terms of use. Even then if its third party stuff they sometimes give you a hard time lol.
What a hassle :p lol. I have removed monetization from those until I get proper permission or remove it all together, the content. I am sure they will also properly review us if we are eligable for partnership and reject us for specific reasons, then I can fix it and apply again. No problemo :). But I mean I see sooo many top youtubers that use news pictures u know? It adds such effect to what they are saying.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
What a hassle :p lol. I have removed monetization from those until I get proper permission or remove it all together, the content. I am sure they will also properly review us if we are eligable for partnership and reject us for specific reasons, then I can fix it and apply again. No problemo :). But I mean I see sooo many top youtubers that use news pictures u know? It adds such effect to what they are saying.
dont try to monatize videos which are not 100% kosher you are gonna get your monatization um "privilege" revoked. Trust me on that one just submit ones you can say for sure that its all yours as in you made it with your own two hands even then for some of us because of the complexity of the videos we get turned down often and some have lost their monatization privilege altogether. Even though they do in fact own all rights to the content. You just got permission so dont flood them with a bunch of illegal stuff because you will login tomorrow to find they have disabled that on your channel lol.

Also remember what the other guy does may be because he actually holds a contract . If you want to know how they do what they do contact them. You will find in many cases they have been paid money to use those images . Lots of people do lots of things but they also did the work necessary to get permission to do those things ^^

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
dont try to monatize videos which are not 100% kosher you are gonna get your monatization um "privilege" revoked. Trust me on that one just submit ones you can say for sure that its all yours as in you made it with your own two hands even then for some of us because of the complexity of the videos we get turned down often and some have lost their monatization privilege altogether. Even though they do in fact own all rights to the content. You just got permission so dont flood them with a bunch of illegal stuff because you will login tomorrow to find they have disabled that on your channel lol.
Lols ok cool :). So as long as I only monetize the videos with my content it should be fine? And I can keep the videos up with other content but not monetize? Is that all fine?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yes monatize those videos that are yours and do the research to find out how you can legally use those images before applying for partnership :) dont ask to become a partner with those other videos up though its gonna be a problem and second chances may or may not be possible lol

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
yes monatize those videos that are yours and do the research to find out how you can legally use those images before applying for partnership :) dont ask to become a partner with those other videos up though its gonna be a problem and second chances may or may not be possible lol
Ok, well I applied for aprtnership long ago when I had those videos up and then I got the email recently and I was going to reapply but I shall not until it is all sorted :). So just to be sure, I am not under review for partnership until I get invited or reapply now right? And awesome man thanks a lot :D I took off monetization on the vids with extra content which is not 100% mine.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
UPDATE!!!! THIS JUST IN!!!

NEW ANSWER IS "YES" YOU'RE NOW A PARTNER@!!!!!!

hehehe I couldn't resist, but according to what people have been saying, I'd say yes, you're now a partner. hehe

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score

hehehe I couldn't resist, but according to what people have been saying, I'd say yes, you're now a partner. hehe
Under the new definition, yes. You may not get all the features yet, though
Yeah I have also seen stuff around about this! Apparently there are now 2 different partner levels or something? Everyone that is monetized is a "partner" but you need to have all your videos monetized to become a "partner-creator" or something lol? But yeah will just keep going :) Monetization is awesome as is ^^.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score

lol I dont think its the kind of partner he meant. I think he wants to unlock the little button thingy and for that (for now) you still have to apply and get approved .

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
lol I dont think its the kind of partner he meant. I think he wants to unlock the little button thingy and for that (for now) you still have to apply and get approved .
Ahh I see :). But still tons of discussion around the web which is confusing I guess. :)