If your channel was invited to become monetized, does that mean you are a partner?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ahh I see :). But still tons of discussion around the web which is confusing I guess. :)
hehe if this is not the case maybe I just havent found the buttons yet for banners as I have many monetized videos and my channel is in good standing and well it was created in 2008 hehe. Anyhow I dont consider just monetizing a partner thing. I have actually been monetizing for a year now and my abilities have not changed and I dont see the ability to customize and add banners with clickies and i dont think my likes/disklikes are earning me money and that is what most people are looking at as 'partner'. I dont know if its worth the effort for the average person to do work so hard to get those banners unless your looking to make a long time career out of it and earn your main income on youtube or something. For most its just a fun hobby which may earn them a little cheque one day :)

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hehe if this is not the case maybe I just havent found the buttons yet for banners as I have many monetized videos and my channel is in good standing and well it was created in 2008 hehe. Anyhow I dont consider just monetizing a partner thing. I have actually been monetizing for a year now and my abilities have not changed and I dont see the ability to customize and add banners with clickies and i dont think my likes/disklikes are earning me money and that is what most people are looking at as 'partner'. I dont know if its worth the effort for the average person to do work so hard to get those banners unless your looking to make a long time career out of it and earn your main income on youtube or something. For most its just a fun hobby which may earn them a little cheque one day :)
at my rate i might get my first hundred dollar check in 2 years lmao

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
at my rate i might get my first hundred dollar check in 2 years lmao
here is I found this while surfing I cant find the original page the quote was taken from but yeah I dont think i consider being able to monitize real partnership I think they just did that to try to attract more people. Although I never found any big deal over being a partner they have very few perks really .

Upon closer look at YouTube’s announcement it appears that the partner program will essentially be a two tier system with anyone who has a video being monetized being called a partner as one level and ther other level containing what has been typically recognized as partners who have access to all the additional feature. Here’s what they stated in their announcement:

"We’re excited to provide more creators with the opportunity to become partners and have access to programs and resources to help them be successful on YouTube. These programs will be tailored to partners based on their specific needs. We also recognize that custom thumbnails and banners are sought-after features by many creators. We are working on making these and other features available to more newly-made partners over time, like we have done with long uploads and monetization."

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah thats what their saying, everybody that is monetized is now a "partner" but they still dont get the banners. That is the bigger "partner" level lol but I dunno :)