Ideas/suggestions for monetizable content without facecam or voice

PPM

Reaction score
So with the changes and more and more channels getting demonetized, it seems that youtube is favoring channels that use facecam or voice-over, but i read that it's still possible to monetize videos even if they don't show facecam or voice for certain type of contents. So i'm here to look for inspirations and ideas/suggestions/discussions on the type of content that one could make and will be eligible for monetization without using facecam or voice.

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
I've not met the threshold yet. Not using a facecam or voice, but I try to be as educational and creative as possible with visuals and text along things I design or demonstrate by myself (CAD and 3D Printing). So I hope I have a chance. I'm also curious about this!

Last edited:
Reactions: PPM

PPM

Reaction score
I've not met the threshold yet. Not using a facecam or voice, but I try to be as educational and creative as possible with visuals and text along things I design or demonstrate by myself (CAD and 3D Printing). So I hope I have a chance. I'm also curious about this!
I hope it will work out for you, let me know how it goes! I have a friend that upload without facecame or voice, mostly gaming video and also adding some texts, but not every upload, and i heard that the channel was demonetized. Anyways, good luck with yours!

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the "video ideas and planning" forum. :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
There are lots of types of video you can make without facecam but without voice is very strange. I'm curious as to why you don't want to use voice?

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
There are lots of types of video you can make without facecam but without voice is very strange. I'm curious as to why you don't want to use voice?
I don't think it's very strange to show people things (3D prints for example) you create and inspire them with a visual presentation about it (timelapse and textual explanation). It depends on what kind of videos you make. It also depends on what someone is comfortable with. 5 Minute Crafts also don't use face and voices as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

PPM

Reaction score
i can probably use voice too, this day there are also text-to-speech features, so voice-over is really not an issue; however i think it's additional work, writing script, possibly editing sound track, that's why i'm exploring for types of videos that don't require it

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i can probably use voice too, this day there are also text-to-speech features, so voice-over is really not an issue; however i think it's additional work, writing script, possibly editing sound track, that's why i'm exploring for types of videos that don't require it

Youtube is cracking down on what they consider to be "automated content" - Things like "text-to-speech" aren't getting approved for monetization as far as I am aware. Likewise for slideshow type videos.

Lann4daze

Reaction score
eligible for monetization without using facecam or voice.
There is a dirty trick to getting monetized where you make a song and claim your videos.
Here's a link

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can do tutorial videos about how to do simple stuff on the computer and open up note pad to write out what you want to say.........voice usually helps tho. You can always distort your voice with editing if that's an issue for you.